Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Martin from GPA Iowa Gas 2023 - Sun Dec 11 2022 07:10 AM
Hi all

Planning to fly up and attend Iowa Gas for the first-time next year. Can't wait :-) ... As my plan is to be over for a fortnight, is there any other swap meets nearby either the week prior or following the event? I know its 8 months away but no time like the present to plan ahead.
thanks
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Iowa Gas 2023 - Sun Dec 11 2022 10:57 PM
There is a small gas and oil show, and car show north of Detroit MI, one week after Iowa gas. It’s about an hour north of Detroit and about 8 or 9 hours from Des Moines. It’s not very big, but there’s a lot of cool cars too. You can Google it and research it. There is also a few videos on YouTube. It is called Utica’s Gasoline Alley.

Iowa gas is pretty cool, but if you haven’t solidified plans yet, you might want to think about going to Dixie Gas also. Dixie gas is huge. If you could stay for a month and hit both, you won’t be disappointed.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Iowa Gas 2023 - Sun Dec 11 2022 11:04 PM
Some years at Iowa Gas there is an auction in Iowa before or after the show as well as the auction at the swap meet location.

Click on "Events" at the menu near the top of this page for a list of petroliana swap meets. The 2023 dates and info will be updated as we can.
Posted By: Martin from GPA Re: Iowa Gas 2023 - Mon Dec 12 2022 04:47 AM
Thanks... I was always under the assumption that Iowa Gas was larger than Dixie Gas... ooh well 😉😆 .. maybe two trips needed
Posted By: Martin from GPA Re: Iowa Gas 2023 - Mon Dec 12 2022 04:48 AM
Thanks for the headsup 👍🙂
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Iowa Gas 2023 - Mon Dec 12 2022 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by Martin from GPA
Thanks... I was always under the assumption that Iowa Gas was larger than Dixie Gas... ooh well 😉😆 .. maybe two trips needed

They are two different style shows. Both cool in their own way. Columbus CTO is very cool too. Iowa and Columbus is a hotel venue with a parking lot full of cool stuff and room to room vending, which is always fun. Dixie gas is over 500 vendors (all petroliana) spread over several acres.

I can tell you, if you’ve never been to the US, the Smokey Mountains and the area around Dixie Gas is very scenic with the National park there too.

No matter what you choose, you’ll have a blast.
Posted By: Martin from GPA Re: Iowa Gas 2023 - Mon Dec 12 2022 10:57 AM
Sweet... cant wait & thanks again
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: Iowa Gas 2023 - Mon Dec 12 2022 03:51 PM
FYI, Iowa is a great show. That said, it is normally advertised as starting on Wednesday but it actually starts on Monday. You will probably be disappointed if you show up on the posted day and find the show mostly over.
Posted By: Martin from GPA Re: Iowa Gas 2023 - Mon Dec 12 2022 08:06 PM
Wes... so advertised 2nd, 3rd and 4th.. but fun begins like 30th July. Guessing the early birds have all the fun 😆
Posted By: keithia Re: Iowa Gas 2023 - Sun Dec 18 2022 02:52 AM
Get to Iowa Gas early and it is large with outside vendors and vendors in the overflow lot the last couple years. Also inside vendors in the convention hall, atrium, and many room to room vendors. Also have a two day auction on Thursday and Friday. Great show!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk