Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Mike618b Neon work west michigan - Tue Dec 20 2022 10:54 PM
Anyone know of a neon shop in west Michigan? I tried a guy here in town, but I'm not impressed. Looking for someone else.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Neon work west michigan - Wed Dec 21 2022 01:42 AM
Might be too far from you but Gail at DB Collectibles in Antigo, WI does a great job.
Posted By: we're the other guys Re: Neon work west michigan - Wed Dec 21 2022 04:52 PM
If you don't mind traveling to Central Michigan, there are a couple people that do neon
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Neon work west michigan - Thu Dec 22 2022 05:20 AM
I had a glass guy in vermontville Michigan do a repair make a new line on my coke sign . Pretty expensive but his bends were not as straight coming out of the turns as I would of liked . His other stuff he is creating looked good . I think he rushed mine in his opinion took two months to do . Picture of his work “fountain “ is what he made up for me .

Attached picture 42DC9065-4758-4D95-99DB-E65DBB06E0BC.jpeg
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Neon work west michigan - Thu Dec 22 2022 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by buzzy56
I had a glass guy in vermontville Michigan do a repair make a new line on my coke sign . Pretty expensive but his bends were not as straight coming out of the turns as I would of liked . His other stuff he is creating looked good . I think he rushed mine in his opinion took two months to do . Picture of his work “fountain “ is what he made up for me .
There's a lot of not-so-good neon benders in the world right now! About half of them I think. It's worth either traveling for a good one or mailing tubes back in forth IMO.
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Neon work west michigan - Thu Dec 22 2022 05:14 PM
Amen to your comments, Paul. I couldn't agree more about the less-than-adequate neon people who are out there. They are able to get along because not that many people are practicing this craft these days. Yes, it's definitely worth traveling to obtain the services of a true neon craftsman. I've usually found their pricing for work is comparable to the cost of using one of the not-so-good vendors. So, the difference in overall expense is what you're have in getting the piece to and from the chosen neon guy. John
Posted By: Gpmp Re: Neon work west michigan - Sat Dec 31 2022 07:43 PM
Mike,
There is guy in Rochester, Mi. His name is Robert Kranker.(Kranker clocks).He Has a business doing old neon clocks and neon. He is really good. He did a glo- dial clock for me and I bought a neon pegasus from him. Horse is outlined in Neon. Beautiful work.
Text me if you need his number. Really good guy too.

Later,
Greg
Posted By: Bill jr Re: Neon work west michigan - Sat Dec 31 2022 10:18 PM
I agree I have used him on neon clocks treated me fair
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk