Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: fawncecilia Michigan Gas Shows - Wed Nov 22 2006 12:49 PM
Is the best way to sell something online, like this site or ebay, or would it be better to go to a gas show and sell it? Are there any Michigan gas shows (around Detroit area)? When are they?

Thanks!
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Michigan Gas Shows - Wed Nov 22 2006 12:54 PM
WELL, YOU JUST MISSED THE MICHIGAN FALL SHOW. THE NEXT ONE IS IN THE SPRING I BELIEVE. HERE'S INFO ON "BIG CHEESE'S" AWESOME SHOWS:
http://www.bigcheesepetro.com/page4.html

HOPE THIS HELPS!

~DOC
Posted By: T-way Re: Michigan Gas Shows - Wed Nov 22 2006 01:59 PM
fawncecilia:

It really depends on what you are selling. If you only have one item, it's kinda silly to haul it to a gas show and pay for a space in the hopes of selling a single item.

E-bay is good for collectors of anything - but larger items are harder to sell if you are unwilling to do the work to ship them.

A lot of Oldgas members advertize their items on here. Then if/when they sell the item, they can make arrangements to hand off the item at the next gas bash. That way, everybody wins.

Later . . .

Jim

P.S. I'm only about 40 minutes north of Detroit. Drop me a note if you want some information on 'local' shows, etc.
Posted By: fawncecilia Re: Michigan Gas Shows - Wed Nov 22 2006 02:51 PM
Thanks so much for the responses! I really appreciate it. I guess when i am ready to sell i will just post it here or on ebay. Thanks again for all the help!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Fawn
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Michigan Gas Shows - Wed Nov 22 2006 05:07 PM
...OR YOU COULD TAKE PICTURES AND MAKE A FOR SALE SIGN AND WEAR IT ON YOUR BACK AT THE SHOW AND LET THAT BILLBOARD DO THE SELLING FOR YOU!

YOU WOULD ONLY BE PAYING FOR THE PRICE OF ENTRY. MANY TIMES I'VE BROUGHT STUFF WITH ME TO SHOWS AND JUST LET IT IN MY TRUCK AND WEAR THE SIGN ON MY BACK. THAT WAY I HAVE THE ITEM READY TO GO HOME WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN BUY IT AND TAKE IT. I USUALLY ASK THE PEOPLE AT THE DOOR WHEN I PAY IF IT'S OKAY TO WEAR THE AD ON MY BACK...NEVER HAD A NOPE OR A PROBLEM. GOOD ADVICE!

~DOC
Posted By: JimT Re: Michigan Gas Shows - Wed Nov 22 2006 10:21 PM
Awwww Doc,I dunno-I think you might of just opened the door a crack!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk