Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: White Star Bennett Gas Pump Identity-----Help - Mon Apr 06 2009 11:29 PM
I just picked up a tall Bennett pump, It looks like the 646-B or 647-B In Jack's book, but doesn't have the add glass on either side.
Could the window glass been replaced possibly and put one solid piece in eliminating the top portion for ad glass???
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Wayne
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Bennett Gas Pump Identity-----Help - Tue Apr 07 2009 04:54 PM
According to the 646, 647 Bennett Parts Price list (which is available on my website at: www.petrolianacollectibles.com/bennett%20pump.htm) neither of the pumps came with ad glass on the sides.

One of the reasons they did not have ad glass is that the nozzle holder is at the top of one of the sides.

The only ad glass either of these two pumps had was above the face (below the face on the 610).

Jack Sim
Posted By: ward zaharia Re: Bennett Gas Pump Identity-----Help - Tue Apr 07 2009 07:38 PM
jack

I think you mis read the question. He was asking if there were bennett 600 series made with no ad glass in the main window frame.

watrd
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Bennett Gas Pump Identity-----Help - Tue Apr 07 2009 09:41 PM
"the add glass on either side."
This can be taken either way. Most of us refer to the doors as front & back, & sides as hose & reset crank.
BENNETT 646 was sold w/ or w/o adv glass.
Posted By: White Star Re: Bennett Gas Pump Identity-----Help - Wed Apr 08 2009 01:50 AM
O.K. Thanks guys, sorry If I didn't explain my question very clear.
D.B. I think hit It on the head. The 646 came both ways, with and without adv glass.
Thanks Again,
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Bennett Gas Pump Identity-----Help - Wed Apr 08 2009 03:32 AM
Sorry, I have always referred to a pump as a front and back and two sides.

Jack Sim
Posted By: jkyocom Re: Bennett Gas Pump Identity-----Help - Wed Apr 08 2009 04:46 PM
I would have to say since the computer has a front and rear,....side totalizer or front totalizer.... the pump has a front and rear DOORS and SIDE panels.
A picture of your DOORS might help.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Bennett Gas Pump Identity-----Help - Wed Apr 08 2009 05:35 PM
646 have face [front] totalizer
Posted By: jkyocom Re: Bennett Gas Pump Identity-----Help - Wed Apr 08 2009 07:30 PM
yep....and that door is the front door...
the other is the rear door.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk