Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: petro51 Feedback - Fri Nov 14 2008 03:12 AM
I have neon dealership sign I sold but this is the first time shipping it across country to a fellow gasser. I'm used to dealing with people at swapmeets with cash. Any ideas on what kind of payments are best? Cashiers check,money order,something else. Anyone have any stories or ideas? Thanks
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Feedback - Fri Nov 14 2008 03:21 AM
If in doubt, have them send cash in a book by registered mail.
Posted By: bonjimmi Re: Feedback - Fri Nov 14 2008 11:01 AM
I think US Postal money order works the best.
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Feedback - Fri Nov 14 2008 11:05 AM
I go with Postal Money Order too. My buddy once told me, "It's a Federal crime if they try and forge one of them." Good luck and all my dealings with oldgassers have been very positive for me.
Mike
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Feedback - Fri Nov 14 2008 05:12 PM
USPS money orders have been and are being forged in Africa since 2004, according to an article in the New York Times dated April 2005. The problem is now so bad that the USPS has a website dedicated to Comsumer Fraud. The site is www.usps.com/postalinspectors Lets be truthful, if a person is honest you will get your money with no problems! If a person is dishonest then nothing you do will stop them from ripping you off, or stealing your items at shows or not pay for items purchased off of an auction site. The saddest fact is you won't even know if a person is dishonest until you've been ripped off.
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: Feedback - Fri Nov 14 2008 05:52 PM
IMO, chances of the USPS protecting you regarding an issue with a "bad" MO are slim. Yes, it's a federal crime, but so is tampering with the mail in general. I had a gift card stolen out of my mailbox, knew where and when it was redeemed and the postal inspector wouldn't even watch the security video. Just my experience.
Tara
Posted By: texaspelican Re: Feedback - Sat Nov 15 2008 12:09 PM
any form of payment is fine. Just don't ship until payment clears and you have the cash in hand.

------------------
Paddy
WTB Billups, Ride with Rose, Spar, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Canal, Gulf Coast, and Galtex gas and Oil related items.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Feedback - Sat Nov 15 2008 01:27 PM
Money talks & well you know the rest. Also go with Paddys advice. Wait for checks & MOs to clear.
Posted By: petro51 Re: Feedback - Sat Nov 15 2008 03:09 PM
Thanks to everyone. All the help is appreciated. This site is great.Ended up using wire transfer from bank to bank. Instant cash.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk