Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Yaquina Can you help me identify this pump?? - Sat Oct 03 2009 12:04 AM
Greetings all,

My Dad recently purchased this gas pump at a local auction and was considering restoring it, at least cosmetically, to display it in front of his garage. He is not very net savy and asked me if I could please find somewhere on the net that might be able to tell him something about his find. From the looks of this forum I think I found the PLACE!

Here are some images of the pump as it stand right now. I would be forever greatful if you all could give me an idea as to who made this, when was it made and other general information about it. Are there other examples of it on the net somewhere restored? I can't seem to find a single photo of a similiar pump anywhere!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Can you help me identify this pump?? - Sat Oct 03 2009 12:16 AM
WAYNE 278
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Can you help me identify this pump?? - Sat Oct 03 2009 01:09 AM
If you are looking for more information on this pump, check out this page on my website:
http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/wayne%20278.htm

To take a look at my entire petroliana website to to: www.petrocollect.com

Jack Sim
Posted By: Yaquina Re: Can you help me identify this pump?? - Sat Oct 03 2009 01:37 AM
Are there any sources for reproduction parts for these pumps? My Dad would like to at least make it presentable, it doesn't need to function.
Posted By: jkyocom Re: Can you help me identify this pump?? - Sat Oct 03 2009 02:48 AM
here is some pat info on some of the parts.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=eSpeAAA...;q=&f=false
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Can you help me identify this pump?? - Sat Oct 03 2009 02:52 AM
Should be able to buy an Original Banana Nozzle w/ hook [watch ebay], Scobby might have Repo faces.
Finding an original Cotton covered hose will be expensive. Repo's are Nylon covered & will yellow with time, go with a Black Rubber hose.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk