Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: roadrelics Imperial 3 Star Gas porcelain sign from Canada - Sun Oct 11 2009 06:27 PM
I just recievd this photo via email of this sign somebody in Canada just had appraised at $2300 & they want to sell it....I'm not sure what its worth or if anybody here would even be interested........

http://img93.imageshack.us/i/imperialoilsign006.jpg
THAT IS ONE COOL SIGN! NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE AND AT THAT PRICE WON'T EVER SEE IT IN PERSON LOL!

6'er? I WOULD ASSUME.
Nice sign but seems high to me

ward
Definatley a Great Lookin' Sign!!! Looks to be in Great Condition too..
To pricey, but cool.
Posted By: roadrelics Re: Imperial 3 Star Gas porcelain sign from Canada - Mon Oct 12 2009 01:23 AM
thanks for the input guys..the consensus is ,nice but price is to high.....i tell them to try & sell it to the person who appraised it for them & if they pass i will do my own appraisel..i don't think i could go wrong at $500 & i am sure they will LOL......
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Imperial 3 Star Gas porcelain sign from Canada - Mon Oct 12 2009 10:01 AM
I will pay $1000 for it,,, anytime..
Posted By: mobil100 Re: Imperial 3 Star Gas porcelain sign from Canada - Mon Oct 12 2009 01:25 PM
found 2 for sale a while back I think the guy still has them, under 1000 for the pair, thinking about grabbing them.
I was told once that the 3 STAR SELECTION a the end of the NHL game came about because imperial oil was the sponser of the NHL way back when. does anybody no if this is true or false
Andre

You are right that is why they pick the three stars on hockey night in canada

ward
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Imperial 3 Star Gas porcelain sign from Canada - Mon Oct 12 2009 10:25 PM
Sorry , too rough for me,,, at any price..
Yes it’s true! First was in 1936 and last was 1949 , in signage for 3 star.
Esso still sponsored NHL but no new signage apparently
Posted By: Gpmp Re: Imperial 3 Star Gas porcelain sign from Canada - Thu Dec 31 2020 09:41 PM
Thanks for the post and info. Never knew the Esso- NHL connection.I have been playing hockey since I was a mite. Grew up watching Hockey Night in Canada
If anybody ever sells one of those signs in my price range, I will be all over it. Two hobbies with a connection!!
GO WINGS!!!

Greg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk