Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: bgooo old 30's flying A Co.Rep. or Salsman trunk? - Fri Nov 06 2009 07:38 PM
Hi. I have a an old flying A metal over wood suitcase-like
trunk which also has 76's in orange, and 4 white winged flying red A's on the front, along with RENO and Gardnerville. Also added were the owner's initials J.L.K. in orange stenciled letters. It is a military green color, nicely made. Was this a salesman rep case, or a company rep traveling case do you suppose? It is old, made in the 30's, a guess. Weighs 20 pounds and is 30" long, 12" wide, and 16" tall. Any way to find out how early Flying A was in business, and did it merge with "76" somewhere along the way, or were those 2 always affiliated? Thanks.
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: old 30's flying A Co.Rep. or Salsman trunk? - Fri Nov 06 2009 09:18 PM
Welcome to oldgas.

The trunk sounds interesting. Can you post a picture ? If you need help you can email a picture to me and I'll post it for you.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: old 30's flying A Co.Rep. or Salsman trunk? - Fri Nov 06 2009 09:26 PM
Are there any contents still [samples of oils,greases etc.] in the box ?
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: old 30's flying A Co.Rep. or Salsman trunk? - Fri Nov 06 2009 11:17 PM
send me a pm or i picture if you can...alan
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk