Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: oldnfuelish how are flexible spouts attached? - Mon Nov 30 2009 10:45 PM
i have a flexible nozzle that has the spout broken off.looks like it is soldered into the handle?is it a big deal to remove/install a new(old) one. figured i would ask before i attempt it.thanks,mick
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: how are flexible spouts attached? - Mon Nov 30 2009 10:58 PM
Most I've seen were soldered into a fitting w/ fine threads & screwed into nozzle.

Post a picture of yours.
db
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: how are flexible spouts attached? - Mon Nov 30 2009 11:25 PM
Just last night I was out in the garage with my son talking about him helping me put some new nozzle ends on some of the pump nozzles I have. I pointed out to him that about 1/2 of them are soldered on. The ends either screwed on or were soldered on, never saw what DB describes.

If you want to look at nozzles check out this page of my website:

http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/gas%20pump%20nozzles.htm

About a month or so ago I posted some NOS nozzle ends in the buy and sell section of this site. Have to go out now, when I get home later tonight I'll put the nozzle ends on my website.

Jack Sim
Posted By: gasoildude Re: how are flexible spouts attached? - Tue Dec 01 2009 02:00 AM
Come on Mick we got to see it smile
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: how are flexible spouts attached? - Tue Dec 01 2009 05:07 AM
Got to see what?

JS
Posted By: v8vic Re: how are flexible spouts attached? - Tue Dec 01 2009 05:17 AM
I have one as DB described. It was broken close to the fitting. Heated it to get the old piece out, then cut it down an inch or so to eliminate the bad piece and stuck it back in the fitting. A little bit shorter but still looks ok.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: how are flexible spouts attached? - Tue Dec 01 2009 05:24 AM
I want to correct what I posted above, I just went out to the garage and looked at almost 100 nozzles that I have hanging on the rafters of the garage.

I found only one flex that wasn't soldered.
And I found only one solid end that was soldered.

God knows how many nozzle companies there were and what they decided to to any given day.

If your nozzle has a soldered end you need to replace it with a soldered end, same with the threaded ends.

JS
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: how are flexible spouts attached? - Tue Dec 01 2009 11:48 AM
having camera trouble,will post a pic as soon as i figure that out!!
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: how are flexible spouts attached? - Tue Dec 01 2009 08:53 PM
Here is the address for the nozzle ends I have available:

http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/nozzle%20ends.htm

Jack Sim
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk