Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 70charger440 Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Wed Dec 02 2009 12:11 AM
Where is the best place to sell a gas pump and get the most $$$ out of it? I have looked on Ebay and sellers do not seem to get the price I would expect them to get. Anyone on here use another service or have any insite on a better place to sell?
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Wed Dec 02 2009 12:13 AM
I dont know but I think pump prices are a bit low right now.
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Wed Dec 02 2009 12:43 AM
oldgas works pretty well for selling just ask Seth. LOL
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Wed Dec 02 2009 12:49 AM
Restored or unrestored?
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Wed Dec 02 2009 04:41 AM
Get to know an auctioneer in a small town that primarily does farm auctions. Tell him the next time he has a heavyly advertised farm auction, you would like him to include your gas pump. There is always some group of people who attend this type of auction that goes nuts when it comes to a gas pump. I have seen visibles sell for four times what anyone of us would pay for one.

Jack Sim
Posted By: 70charger440 Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Wed Dec 02 2009 03:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Oldgas
Restored or unrestored?

This would be a restored 1926 Fry 117. I am trying to do a 10/10 restoration job on this. Good idea with the farm auction BTW!
Posted By: Old Iron Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Wed Dec 02 2009 03:44 PM
Hi 70 Charger,

You might consider simply running an ad in the local newspaper.That's how I do it; gives you a chance to "show,tell and sell". Moving a restored pump around can be tricky. If you decide to run an ad, you might also consider offering a sign' a few cans or something else in the same brand as the pump to accent the pump and start a display for them. I've been sucessful with those practices at the retail level. Just my experience.
Posted By: okoil1 Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Wed Dec 02 2009 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: 70charger440
Where is the best place to sell a gas pump and get the most $$$ out of it? I have looked on Ebay and sellers do not seem to get the price I would expect them to get. Anyone on here use another service or have any insite on a better place to sell?

Rick's Pawn Shop in Las Vegas.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Wed Dec 02 2009 07:17 PM
LOL
Adv Erie 53 but offer a 966 when buyer gets there ?
Posted By: SOUTHFLORIDAGAS Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Thu Dec 03 2009 11:01 AM
I like Dick's idea. That gave me a laugh first thing in the morning.
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Thu Dec 03 2009 11:42 AM
Dick, Isn't that call the switch and bait? Car lots used to use that till they got caught. Now they do it but not so noticeable. LOL
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Thu Dec 03 2009 01:10 PM
Originally Posted By: okoil1
Where is the best place to sell a gas pump and get the most $$$ out of it?

Rick's Pawn Shop in Las Vegas.

HA!! laugh good one...
Posted By: SOUTHFLORIDAGAS Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Thu Dec 03 2009 10:33 PM
What's this Rick's Pawn Shop In Vegas???
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Thu Dec 03 2009 11:05 PM
Its a show on the History Channel called Pawn Stars about his shop.
Posted By: SOUTHFLORIDAGAS Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Thu Dec 03 2009 11:16 PM
I have seen a few minutes of that staged irritating *****. Does he really sell pumps? I assume it's a joke.
Posted By: oillease55 Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Thu Dec 03 2009 11:18 PM
If you want max money, this isn't the place. If it has a show car restoration then take it where the money is, barrett-jackson, mecum, rm car auctions etc. I hope I didn't offend anyone on this site but these car guys seem to have some really deep pockets;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Ron
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: Best Place to Sell a Gas Pump - Fri Dec 04 2009 12:37 AM
How about the local antique store, on consignment I think they usually take about 10% of the asking price.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk