Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Craig Osbeck 850 Tokheim electrical top lighting system - Sun Dec 06 2009 02:19 AM
I have This 850 Tokheim clockface that has an unusual lighting system to me. I posted pictures because I am not sure how the lights would come out of it like the other 850's I have. Can someone please tell me what is going on here or how I can get the parts for an original top system.
Thanks

Attached picture Image08.jpg
Attached picture Image07.jpg
Attached picture Image04.jpg
Attached picture Image05.jpg
Posted By: st.rod Re: 850 Tokheim electrical top lighting system - Sun Dec 06 2009 02:58 AM
Interesting! That is different than both of mine. I have a round and a rectangle. Both of mine are early pumps. That whole top plate is different. I assume the visi and nozzle are on the same side as are the later pumps. I would love to see a pic from someone else that has a similar pump. Love the 850's! Alot more differences than most people realize.

Larry
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: 850 Tokheim electrical top lighting system - Sun Dec 06 2009 04:50 AM
Is it possible that it is the differance between a Indiana built pump and a California built pump? I know there is a differance in the lighting on Tok 34s and 36s between the two plants.
Posted By: philmccauley Re: 850 Tokheim electrical top lighting system - Sun Dec 06 2009 03:25 PM
Different than mine also.
craig, I think I can help. Gotta shoot a couple of photos first. Don
Craig, it took a bit of searching, but I think I found it for you. The problem I had, was looking for the light set up for an 850. I found two different set up's for the 850, neither seemed to be like yours. I believe your's might be a Tokheim 950? Anyway, the first two drawings are of Tok. 850's the third and fourth, are of Tok.950's. The 950's I shown, are both the same pump, just different views. Hope this helps.
Don
Tok. 850

2nd Tok. 850

Tok.950

Different view Tok. 950
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: 850 Tokheim electrical top lighting system - Tue Dec 08 2009 12:19 AM
Thank you for your help. Yes that is the way that the light set up was in this pump. It must have been a 950 then I would assume. I do not know how a person would turn the light on then, so I guess that I will start looking for a electrical top system for a 850.
Thanks craig
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk