Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: SOUTHFLORIDAGAS Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sat Dec 12 2009 09:43 PM
What is this that's broken off. It is on a spring and attached to interior of pump?

Attached picture 10-H broken.jpg
Attached picture 10-H inside.jpg
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sat Dec 12 2009 10:03 PM
Looks to be the drain back lever attached to the valve. I'm sure that you know this but for those who don't.....at the end of the business day, the gasoline was drained out of the cylinder and back into the tank before the pump was locked for the night using this valve.
Posted By: SOUTHFLORIDAGAS Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sat Dec 12 2009 10:16 PM
Ok well how do I get a picture of this or a replacement? Probably begin my 10 year search right?
Posted By: jkyocom Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sat Dec 12 2009 10:40 PM
is there a pat # on your pump?
Posted By: SOUTHFLORIDAGAS Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sat Dec 12 2009 10:43 PM
I only have one casting number on top but I can't find a pat #
Posted By: jkyocom Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sat Dec 12 2009 11:13 PM
http://www.google.com/patents?id=cK9IAAA...;q=&f=false

cool cool
Posted By: SOUTHFLORIDAGAS Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sat Dec 12 2009 11:28 PM
Ok that's really cool that you even found that but it doesn't show that mystery lever that comes through. Some sort of drain back release or doo-hicky though. I will probably weld a piece over and get rid of it during restoartion
Posted By: jkyocom Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sat Dec 12 2009 11:35 PM
http://www.google.com/patents?id=-d95AAA...;q=&f=false
Posted By: SOUTHFLORIDAGAS Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sat Dec 12 2009 11:43 PM
Really cool. Will save that site or area for future stuff. They would make neat prints also.Thanks again
Posted By: jkyocom Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sun Dec 13 2009 12:05 AM
just type in some different things

I found these under "CORRECT MEASURE ROCHESTER PA 1922"
nothing came up till I added ROCHESTER PA.
The worse part is you get in there looking for one thing and wind up finding all kinds of other cool stuff, next thing you know you have spent hours in there.
Like NINTENDO...lol
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sun Dec 13 2009 12:24 AM
I have also spent hours looking & now your saying you'll disregard what it does instead of figuring it out !
Sorry we wasted our time trying to help.
Posted By: 67Chev4X4 Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sun Dec 13 2009 07:08 AM
Dick, you're not wasting your time. Every night I get on this site and learn somethng. I have an old visible setting in the backyard that I have to start on after the first of the year and the more I learn before tearing it apart helps. All general knowledge helps. Mitch
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sun Dec 13 2009 10:51 AM
What I can't figure out is why you won't make a replacement? You can't always buy the part needed. If you could then this would be like putting model kits together. My suggestion use a little common sense on this stuff......it's really not that hard.
Posted By: SOUTHFLORIDAGAS Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sun Dec 13 2009 11:32 AM
My "giving up" comment will come when there is no possible way to find or fab a replacement. Not now Dick. I have other parts for other pumps that I am still searching for before I begin restoration. I o0bviously wnat to do it right,
Posted By: eshaver Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sun Dec 13 2009 01:37 PM
" Do it Once and Do IT Right " , not my words but Kanter Auto Supplys motto of Boonton New Jersey . Ed Shaver
Posted By: man.fats Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sun Dec 13 2009 03:16 PM
send me your email address and i can send a pic of the original valve. it shows an ear cast onto the on/off lever that has a 3/8'' hole for the long cast iron lever that is broken off on your pump.simple fix. just use any fry type 10 gallon valve, weld this ear on, and you will have to make the lever that goes back to the pump. it is tapered from the pump down to the threaded stud that goes into the valve. kj
Posted By: SOUTHFLORIDAGAS Re: Correct Measure 10-H part question - Sun Dec 13 2009 04:03 PM
Does anybody know if when you move the gallon stop on this pump, it's connected all the way up, does the entire pipe section rotate. It looks like it does but don't want to whack too hard if I don't know what is supposed to move. It looks like the entire upper base where the pipes are threded into, rotates???
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk