Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: upsgaspumps Willard Battery & Sign Info Wanted - Sun Dec 13 2009 06:33 PM
Would like to know the rough time period of these 2 items(I bought them as a unit) and any detailed info of the wooden battery storage box. Thanks, Bill
Posted By: upsgaspumps Re: Willard Battery & Sign Info Wanted - Sun Dec 13 2009 06:36 PM
Forgot the sign is tin not porcelin. Thanks, Bill
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Willard Battery & Sign Info Wanted - Sun Dec 13 2009 07:12 PM
I WOULD PLACE BOTH THE ITEMS IN THE TEENS TO 20'S RANGE. BUT LETS SEE WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Willard Battery & Sign Info Wanted - Sun Dec 13 2009 08:39 PM
The box would of been used to hold the batteries. That may be why the box is so rotted on the bottom from the acid smile
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Willard Battery & Sign Info Wanted - Mon Dec 14 2009 01:29 AM
Originally Posted By: gasoildude
The box would of been used to hold the batteries. That may be why the box is so rotted on the bottom from the acid smile

...most likely from sitting on the floor in a dank barn or garage, soaking up moisture for 80 years...I'm with Doc, 1910's-1920's...cool sign...
Posted By: eshaver Re: Willard Battery & Sign Info Wanted - Mon Dec 14 2009 01:51 PM
Hummmmmmmm , I like both pieces ! Ed Shaver
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk