Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Roger Loupias Red Hat - Thu Mar 11 2010 03:29 AM
Can anyone tell me something about the history of Red Hat gas and oil? Was this a American symbol or company and when did they go away?
Posted By: grabber Re: Red Hat - Thu Mar 11 2010 09:11 PM
check out the cheesepitstop forum...I believe its www.cheesepitstop.com....they have a history tab in the forums that may the info you're looking for smile Or dot an advanced search here on old gas and you should find some info... Have a nice day.
Posted By: Roger Loupias Re: Red Hat - Thu Mar 11 2010 09:59 PM
Thanks for the tip. I just tried those choices and this sight kept asking for more broader info. Could'nt think of anything else to ad but Red Hat Gasoline. Maybe this posting will find someone with trivia on this company. My son wants to do a oil dispenser and possibly a pump, but knowing the story behind the company makes for better show and tell. Thanks, Roger
Posted By: grabber Re: Red Hat - Thu Mar 11 2010 10:10 PM
Definitely...check out cheesepitstop.com as well...you might find some extra info there...or the old reliable GOOGLE always finds a good bit of info smile Best of luck in your search.
Posted By: Jack R Re: Red Hat - Fri Mar 12 2010 01:11 AM
The book Guide to Gasoline Logos shows the Red Hat logo as part of Indepedent Oil Men's Association Chicago Il. 1926 to 1932

The Gas Globe Book show a number of globes with the red hat all with Indepemdent Oil Men of America, various companies such as Blake oil Co., Quincy Gasoline, Musco Gasoline, Penders Gasoline. Jack
Posted By: Roger Loupias Re: Red Hat - Fri Mar 12 2010 01:52 AM
Thanks for that info Jack, thats a good foundation.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Red Hat - Fri Mar 12 2010 02:12 AM
Roger, this site might point you in a direction that will have some of the answers;
http://www.little-mountain.com/oilwell/
Posted By: Roger Loupias Re: Red Hat - Fri Mar 12 2010 03:18 AM
This is a great one to bookmark. Lots of reading on rainy days. Thanks
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: Red Hat - Sat Mar 13 2010 01:32 AM
Roger:
PM sent...Dale
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk