Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: DIESEL HELP ID AUTO GREASER - Tue Mar 23 2010 06:30 PM
MAIN QUESTION,WERE THERE ALOT OF COMPANY'S MAKING THIS STYLE GREASER IN ITS DAY? IF SO,ARE THERE WAYS TO TELL THAT THIS GREASER IS DEFINITELY NOT A ??? OR A ???? IM TRYING TO NARROW DOWN,TO WHO MIGHT HAVE MADE THIS LITTLE FELLOW,IT WAS FULL OF GREASE WHEN I FOUND IT!
JIM HAD MENTIONED THAT G&B MADE SOME, THERE IS NO ID TAG, AND IM NOT HAVING ANY GOOD SEARCHES ON INTERNET !
CAN SOMEBODY REFER ME, OR HELP WITH ID THIS PIECE,AND VALUE!
THANKS!

Attached picture 1AA.jpg
Attached picture 2AA.jpg
Attached picture 3AA.jpg
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: HELP ID AUTO GREASER - Tue Mar 23 2010 06:46 PM
Almost all companies that made service station equipment made these. Some had their names w/ only a decal/printed some others were cast/stamped in/on.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: HELP ID AUTO GREASER - Tue Mar 23 2010 08:44 PM
The Bennett Pump Company (actually the Bennett Injector Co.) went in business in 1921 making grease injectors. Their Model 25, was introduced around 1925 and became the best selling product Bennett ever made. It was made (with many changes and variations) up into the 1960s.

It was copied by just about everyone even down to the carrying handle and the four feet on the bottom. I don't think your is a Bennett, but unfortunately it would take me about 3-4 hours of research to determine who made it.

Jack Sim
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk