Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gasalleykid Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 05:31 AM
The Rat Rod short Tok. 39 build is complete!

Description: Rat Rod
Attached picture ShowTell-Brads30FordRatRod-003.jpg

Description: Rat Rod Chick....
Attached picture kikker%20Rat%20Rod%20009.jpg

Description: Rat Rod Pump!....Enjoy!
Attached picture 100_2011.jpg
Attached picture 100_2015.jpg
Posted By: gasalleykid Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 05:33 AM
More Rat Rod Pump pics....

Attached picture 100_2012.jpg
Attached picture 100_2014.jpg
Attached picture 100_2017.jpg
Attached picture 100_2029.jpg
Posted By: gasalleykid Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 05:34 AM
And more!.....

Attached picture 100_2032.jpg
Attached picture 100_1989.jpg
Posted By: dodgeman60 Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 09:43 AM
ME LIKE!!!!
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 11:05 AM
Great creativity and workmanship. I really like the idea of a theme pump. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: bmclemore Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 11:55 AM
nice!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 12:13 PM
VERY creative! Would really look cool in the right setting.
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 12:18 PM
I like your style. Nice pump! We built a gate for the gut that owns Killbillit.com and learned a little about ratrods and really enjoyed it. Some day I hope to build one. I am working on a clockface ratrod now. Stop by if your in Spokane some time.
Posted By: Roger Loupias Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 01:36 PM
One of a kind for sure. Neat hose guards. Is the Rat bike a Harley Sprint?
Posted By: DIESEL Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 01:50 PM
Joe outstanding job,it looks great! so are ya keeping it in your garage ?
Posted By: itsagas Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 01:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Roger Loupias
One of a kind for sure. Neat hose guards. Is the Rat bike a Harley Sprint?

Looks like a Kikker Hardknock to me.

Nice pump, very creative. cool
Posted By: s932 Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 01:56 PM
Like the pump and the chick
Posted By: Old Iron Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 02:20 PM
Hi Joe,

Nice work. Definitly a one of a kind presentation aimed at a niche market. It will be interesting to see how your customer base reacts to it.

If my experience in building up costom/theme pumps is any indicator,you might prepare yourself for a"can you do one in a ???".For me it was easy to price out work that I had done but harder to price out a custom ???.

Best of luck.
Posted By: gasalleykid Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 02:28 PM
Hillside, I just happen to know Austin with Killbillet.com. He is a dealer for some of my Rat Rod products. I might have to send him a picture of this pump, I think he'd get a kick out of it.
I would love to drop by sometime and see some of your collection. I go through Spokane from time to time. The wife...well she spends lots of money there!
Take care.
Originally Posted By: hillsideshortleg
I like your style. Nice pump! We built a gate for the gut that owns Killbillit.com and learned a little about ratrods and really enjoyed it. Some day I hope to build one. I am working on a clockface ratrod now. Stop by if your in Spokane some time.
Posted By: gasalleykid Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 02:31 PM
I'll keep it here for a short while before it goes on the market. There is a Tattoo shop here in town that has shown some interest. If they don't take it I'll probably list it on eBay and see what happens.
Originally Posted By: diesel
Joe outstanding job,it looks great! so are ya keeping it in your garage ?
Posted By: gasalleykid Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 02:35 PM
yes I would agree, Custom work is very hard to quote. I have to admit this pump was exhausting! I can't tell you how many nights I spent pondering ideas in my head rather then sleeping. My next build will be a traditional branded pump but I already have an idea of what kind of theme pump I'll be building after that, Just have to find the right pump.
Originally Posted By: Old Iron
Hi Joe,

Nice work. Definitly a one of a kind presentation aimed at a niche market. It will be interesting to see how your customer base reacts to it.

If my experience in building up costom/theme pumps is any indicator,you might prepare yourself for a"can you do one in a ???".For me it was easy to price out work that I had done but harder to price out a custom ???.

Best of luck.
Posted By: gasalleykid Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Mon Apr 05 2010 02:37 PM
Thank you all for the input throughout this build and your help!
Posted By: texaspelican Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Tue Apr 06 2010 03:15 AM
I like it.
Posted By: jkyocom Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Tue Apr 06 2010 06:32 AM
Nice job.....
I like the "fishnets" & boots on the motorcycle too!!!!
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Tue Apr 06 2010 11:40 AM
awesome pump!!! i like to see something different and i love the rat rod look..txs for sharing...alan
Posted By: Neil Gerrard Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Tue Apr 06 2010 11:15 PM
Nice pump! Don't know about rat rod though, there's no rust nor spiderwebs and it doesn't look like it's going to fall apart wink
Posted By: mMike Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Tue Apr 06 2010 11:31 PM
Very cool!

I just don't have this kind of imagination... so I do what really existed and what I can have a model!

Keep up the good work.

Mike
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Wed Apr 07 2010 12:19 AM
Was not krazy about the rat rod pump thing. but the more I look at it the more I kind of like it..! It kind of grows on you grin Got give you credit for originality for sure . Sure like the rat rod chick...! Is that your wife? Pretty hot.
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Wed Apr 07 2010 06:53 AM
Too cool.
Mike
Posted By: gasalleykid Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Wed Apr 07 2010 02:27 PM
If it was my wife do you honestly think I would be spending my nights in the shop working on some stupid theme pump? wink.....Oh hell no! grin
Originally Posted By: HI -OCTANE
Was not krazy about the rat rod pump thing. but the more I look at it the more I kind of like it..! It kind of grows on you grin Got give you credit for originality for sure . Sure like the rat rod chick...! Is that your wife? Pretty hot.
Posted By: gasalleykid Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Wed Apr 07 2010 02:31 PM
And to think it used to be a Chevron branded pump...R.I.P. Chevron pump you were a good soldier! grin
Just pullin your chain Mike....Thanks for the input! wink
Originally Posted By: bruzer75
Too cool.
Mike
Posted By: LOWright Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Wed Apr 07 2010 08:23 PM
Nice!!!!!!! A buddy of mine built a rat bike, from everything but bike parts. And then he got it warmed up and poured gas on the motor, to give it that never washed look. Very cool!!!! But dangerous....Ditto,On the Chick.
Posted By: gasalleykid Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Thu Apr 22 2010 04:06 AM
After two weeks of looking at her I decided to make some minor changes. Next week she gets listed on eBay! cry

Attached picture 100_2059.jpg
Attached picture 100_2064.jpg
Attached picture 100_2078.jpg
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Thu Apr 22 2010 12:46 PM
Turned out nice Joe. I would rather see the Chevron pump rebranded like yours than end up at the recyclers.
Mike
Posted By: DIESEL Re: Rat Rod Tok. 39 build pictures! - Thu Apr 22 2010 02:06 PM
Joe that toke should go to a tattoo shop!or some type of chopper shop! i still think some type of fogger system, or hell ,even dry ice,! "smoke in the stacks" " barreling smoke" like it had some type of hard core injectors!lol can you imagine smoke 10' high roaring out them stacks!lol thats 1 mean pump! lol
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk