Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: onator "Better Mileage Gasoline" sign should I buy this? - Sun May 16 2010 10:14 PM
Opinion on what this is worth? 6ft round. I'm told from at least the 40's??

Attached picture 3nc3o93le5T15Q05X0a5f9eff920b91d71d57[1].jpg
IS IT PORCELAIN AND DOUBLE OR SINGLE SIDED. CONDITION LOOKS TO BE ABOUT 7.5 AND CERTAINLY NOT A COMMON BRAND. PROBABLY REGIONAL OR PERHAPS MORE LIKE COUNTY. I HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT THE COMPANY AND WHO THEY MIGHT BE RELATED TO IF AT ALL. LOOKS MORE 50'S TO ME. WHAT'S THE PRICE?
I would if the price was right smile
Posted By: onator Re: "Better Mileage Gasoline" sign should I buy this? - Mon May 17 2010 01:06 AM
I have yet to see it in person. If it is not porcelean or double sided than I suppose that might change things. Price is sounding to be about right $320 ?!?
Posted By: gaspumpg Re: "Better Mileage Gasoline" sign should I buy this? - Mon May 17 2010 02:23 AM
MILEAGE!! does it get any better than that?
Sounds good to me, even if it's not porcelain. Looks like it would even clean up good. Something different and unique .
FROM THE GUIDE TO GASOLINE LOGOS BOOK (TOP, PAGE 33): MILEAGE WAS CONNECTED THRU CONOCO THRU THE WESTERN OIL & FUEL COMPANY, MINNEAPOLIS, MN. SIGN IS DESIGNATED AS BEING USED FROM 1950-1960 LIKE I THOUGHT. HUSKY WAS ANOTHER NAME USED WITHIN THE SAME COMPANY.
Posted By: gaspumpg Re: "Better Mileage Gasoline" sign should I buy th - Wed May 19 2010 11:41 AM
yes mileage and ds were short lived.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk