Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: DCpate Can you straighten a porcelain sign? Pic attached - Mon Jun 07 2010 04:53 PM
I bought this Magnolia sign this weekend. The sign is nice and shiny and there are few pops on the porcelain.

However, the sign is wavy...

I'm guessing this was in a pile of junk somewhere for years and years... Is it possible to straighten a sign like this without damaging the porcelain?
Posted By: keithia Re: Can you straighten a porcelain sign? Pic attached - Mon Jun 07 2010 05:36 PM
YIKESS!! I have read on this site that someone wrapped a rug or something around it and drove over it with their vehicle. Not sure I wouild do that.

Keith
I wouldn't try that, even w/ your sign.
GOOD LUCK, if you try.
I think it will always be warped but if you screw it to a wall it will seam fairly flat. Let me know if you want me to put it on my wall smile
Posted By: dave62 Re: Can you straighten a porcelain sign? Pic attached - Mon Jun 07 2010 08:20 PM
i have drove over signs before, sandwiched between two sheets of plywood
Posted By: gmstuff Re: Can you straighten a porcelain sign? Pic attached - Mon Jun 07 2010 11:05 PM
Could you put it in a 30" sign ring??? That may hold it straight??
Posted By: DCpate Re: Can you straighten a porcelain sign? Pic attached - Tue Jun 08 2010 12:34 AM
I wish I had one of the dog eared 30" rings (usually found on Magnolia signs) to try it with...if anyone has an extra one please let me know...

Powerlube, thanks for your generous offer...may have to think on it??
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk