Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous Info on American Oil Pump & Tank Co. - Sun Mar 11 2001 05:28 PM
Info wanted on American Oil Pump & Tank Co. of Cincinnati, Ohio. Roy Scheiding, President. Owner of the Hoosier Petroleum Co., Indianapolis, Circa 1928. Died at age 47 in 1940. He was my grandfather.
Carol(Scheiding)Thieme cthieme@execpc.com
Wales, WI USA
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Info on American Oil Pump & Tank Co. - Wed Mar 14 2001 05:17 AM
I am one of the contributing editors for the "Check the Oil!" magazine, the voice of the I.P.C.A. The I.P.C.A. is the largest club for the petroliana collectors. In July, 1995, I wrote an article about the American Pump Company, and put in the article quite a bit of their history. Your grandfather was mentioned in the article, and maybe your father Roy Scheiding Jr. I have been able to find more information on the company since that time, so if you have any specific questions please contact me. To read the article go to: www.crspub.com
Click on the gas pump site, click on the "CTO" articles, it is about the 2nd or 3rd one down the list.
Jack
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk