Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Wurly1100 Veeder Root Bell - Mon Jan 30 2006 08:08 PM
Could someone please post a photo of the bell side of the Veeder Root? I'm restoring a Bennett 766 and am missing bell parts for the Veeder root. Can you tell what's missing on mine from the attached photo? I now have a bell & Striker but don't see how it attaches unless I need more parts. Thanks for any thoughts.
Jim

[This message has been edited by Wurly1100 (edited 01-30-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Wurly1100 (edited 01-30-2006).]
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Veeder Root Bell - Mon Jan 30 2006 08:24 PM
Hope this helps...

[This message has been edited by Thunder II (edited 03-16-2006).]
Posted By: Wurly1100 Re: Veeder Root Bell - Tue Jan 31 2006 12:34 AM
Thanks for the photo, That helps a great deal but not entirely. I see I'm missing the rectangular piece the bell mounts to. The striker I have looks different than your setup, I'm still confused, any sources for old meter parts out there?
Jim
Posted By: Don Beaver Re: Veeder Root Bell - Tue Jan 31 2006 02:53 AM
Hi Jim, I sent you an email. Don
Posted By: K F H Re: Veeder Root Bell - Thu Mar 16 2006 03:27 AM
Hey Jim - Did you ever figure the Veeder-Root bell out? I'm in the same boat as you.My computer does not have a bell either and I would like to install one. The picture that was provided by "Thunder II" has been dumped. If anyone can post another photo of how to install the bell and hammer I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Kurt
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Veeder Root Bell - Thu Mar 16 2006 02:16 PM
Call me Thunder....

And I have no clue about what you guys said about my pic.... Hehehehehe....
Posted By: K F H Re: Veeder Root Bell - Fri Mar 17 2006 01:12 AM
Thanks for the pic. thunder...is the striker mounted on the piece of bar stock in the center of "Wurly1100" photo, right below where the reset crank hooks up? A little hard to tell from picture.Anyone else have info on this setup? Thanks-Kurt
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Veeder Root Bell - Fri Mar 17 2006 01:40 AM
Yes... And the bell is mounted where my finger is.
Posted By: K F H Re: Veeder Root Bell - Fri Mar 17 2006 03:05 AM
Thanks Thunder! I think I got it figured out now. I have the bracket off another computer I had laying around ,but,the hammer is missing,hammer spring is broke,and it is missing the bell. Does anyone have a bell set up for sale? Think I'll post in "for sale" to see whats out there. Thanks for all the info!!!
Posted By: Wurly1100 Re: Veeder Root Bell - Fri Mar 17 2006 06:08 PM
I never did find the other Bell parts I needed for my Veeder root. I was anxious to put the pump back together once the panels and frame came back from sandblast and paint. I reinstalled the veeder root without the bell for now. I did add a motor to drive the numbers though. You can see a video of my Bennett 766 at www.vintagejukes.com there is also an object movie of the pump that allows a 360 degree view. I may try to fabricate the bar the bell mounts to if I'm unable to locate an original. Thanks for the great photo Thunder, That will be a big help.
Jim
Posted By: K F H Re: Veeder Root Bell - Tue Mar 28 2006 03:10 AM
Hey Wurly1100 - Sent you a email
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk