Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: kburkett Anyone ever restore a Schrader valve display - Thu Oct 20 2011 02:26 PM
I bought a totally surface rusted
Schrader tire vavle counter display yesterday. It is a the red version. Has anyone ever restored one? I have always wanted one of these but never spent the money. Anyone ever made decals?
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: Anyone ever restore a Schrader valve display - Thu Oct 20 2011 07:42 PM
I have never seen one restored and I would leave as is if I were you. Could you post some pics?
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Anyone ever restore a Schrader valve display - Fri Oct 21 2011 06:53 AM
I am just about to put over 50 Schrader ads on Ebay, no doubt one of them will show this display.

Just wair as few days and search Ebay for: FIVE DOLLAR AD SCHRADER

And be sure to bid through this site if you wish to purchase it.

Jack Sim
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Anyone ever restore a Schrader valve display - Fri Oct 21 2011 11:23 AM
If you did restore it I would have the graphics & lettering done in a water release decal that would help with that part. If everything was legible I would leave it alone. Post a pic & that will help us with our decisions smile
Posted By: kburkett Re: Anyone ever restore a Schrader valve display - Sat Oct 22 2011 02:07 PM
Here are the photos that have been requested. As you can see there is nearly no paint on the outside. Schrader is barely readable on the outside. No noe at the auction knew what is was. I bough it for my opening bid of 10.00.

Attached picture MVC-120S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-119S.JPG
Posted By: jreeder Re: Anyone ever restore a Schrader valve display - Sat Oct 22 2011 02:21 PM
I would definitely restore it. I bet T-way could make graphics for you.
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Anyone ever restore a Schrader valve display - Sun Oct 23 2011 05:36 PM
I've never seen one but that's cool.
That would look great restored.
Posted By: Playtag Re: Anyone ever restore a Schrader valve display - Sun Oct 23 2011 07:31 PM
I have never restored one but have had several of the smaller red ones.If memory serves me right the paperwork which was mounted on the inside of the door was dated 1925 or 1926.If you can find someone to make decales I would also opt for water slide decals.Great find.
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: Anyone ever restore a Schrader valve display - Sun Oct 23 2011 08:54 PM
That cabinet is pretty beat. Another local member and myself really like these cabinets. This one may be a good candidate to restore--but I am not a fan of restoration on petro items. Here are some pics of my cabinet and the great insert a memeber on here was nice enough to make for me. Good luck with your project and hope the pictures help.

Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Anyone ever restore a Schrader valve display - Tue Oct 25 2011 04:37 AM
Here is one of the Schrader ads I just put on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320781271448&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:ITdo

Jack Sim
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk