Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 60wayne You never know what you will find in this hobby ! - Mon May 07 2012 01:49 AM
Ten days ago I bought a half of a large Firestone sign in NC because I thought it was neat ?

Attached picture 119.JPG
I know where another half is ! A guy up the road from me has one nailed to his barn but its rough. Your half looks good...most of these larger signs are hard to find clean.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: You never know what you will find in this hobby ! - Mon May 07 2012 01:57 AM
Yesterday I bought a full sign with a badly damaged E in Ma. How weird is that!

Attached picture 313.JPG
Posted By: 60wayne Re: You never know what you will find in this hobby ! - Mon May 07 2012 01:59 AM
The force must be with me ????

Attached picture 034.JPG
Posted By: 60wayne Re: You never know what you will find in this hobby ! - Mon May 07 2012 02:04 AM
57tbirdkid , Show the guy up the road the pictures. One of the Fire sides will be for sale sooner or later. There is still 800 miles between the two signs. I have to see how the colors match up.
Right on good job !!! Gota love those big signs !!!
I dont think it will match well its pretty bad. He has about 5 cut up pieces of various firestone signs all nailed to his barn. Next time I go by i will get a pic.
I have half of one of those too. I think it's the "stone" side and might be a little different than the one above. Funny a random guy stopped in today and saw it screwed to my outside garage wall (facing in) and questioned it.

Still waiting for my other half to show up!
Posted By: 60wayne Re: You never know what you will find in this hobby ! - Wed May 09 2012 01:08 AM
Saw this large Firestone sign today. Different then the one I have.

Attached picture 027.JPG
That version was used in the later 40's
Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
I have half of one of those too. I think it's the "stone" side and might be a little different than the one above. Funny a random guy stopped in today and saw it screwed to my outside garage wall (facing in) and questioned it.

Still waiting for my other half to show up!

That's could to be a LONG WAIT! smile
Posted By: 60wayne Re: You never know what you will find in this hobby ! - Wed May 09 2012 08:58 PM
Saw another half sign today.

Attached picture 350.JPG
Reminds me of all the "SINC" and "LAIR" signs. I wonder how all of these 2 piece signs get split up?
I should pair my 1/2 (Fire)stone with that 1/2 Good(year).

Then I would have a Goodstone sign! HAHAHAHAHA!
The american pokers might have the other half of the good year sign
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
Reminds me of all the "SINC" and "LAIR" signs. I wonder how all of these 2 piece signs get split up?

1st off signs were split for ease in moving/transporting.
Scrap Yard sold odd numbers of metal as that is what customer only needed 3-5 to repair the sheeting over pig/chicken barn/coop.
Customer was buying sheeting, Not signs.

© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk