Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Zip's RARE "one of a kind" G&B Pump at Auction - Thu Sep 09 2004 07:44 PM
Got the antique trader in the mail yesterday and was looking at all the adds. This listing has the rarest one of a kind pump ever! Click on the site then on the Sept. 18 auction. In the middle of the page that comes up under Antiques and collectables is the only Gilbert&Barker self measure pump i have ever heard of. It's not even in Jack's book, does he have info on it? I think it might have come from Wisconsin.
Link - www.fischerauction.com
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: RARE "one of a kind" G&B Pump at Auction - Fri Sep 10 2004 12:03 AM
Zip's,
Are you refering to the one standing in front of the ECO islanders w/ goosenecks ?
That's a G&B 6 [page 175, far right, in Jack's book], 1gal hand pump. Sorry, not that rare.
Dick
Posted By: Mr.Wadhams Re: RARE "one of a kind" G&B Pump at Auction - Fri Sep 10 2004 12:25 AM
I think he's refering to the auction listing reading... a Gilbert and Barker self measuring "beer" pump.
Jim

[This message has been edited by Mr.Wadhams (edited 09-09-2004).]
Posted By: Don Beaver Re: RARE "one of a kind" G&B Pump at Auction - Fri Sep 10 2004 12:27 AM
If you are going to the auction the Eco islander would be a much better treasure!
Good luck
Don
Posted By: Zip's Re: RARE "one of a kind" G&B Pump at Auction - Fri Sep 10 2004 02:00 AM
Hey Dick, Mr.wadhamms got it! A beer pump now that is RARE. Like a 36b top. hehehe
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk