Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: chevyguydan Gulf Oil and Atlantic City Swap Meet - Thu Jan 25 2001 06:43 PM
I have the Gas pump book, but it doesn't give the paint # for Gulf blue. just the orange, and I'm not so sure that it is correct. Anyone have paint numbers that they know will match/cross? Also are any vendors going to be at the Atlantic City Auto Show and Swap Meet on Feb 10th? I need a few more parts and can pick them up there if available. Thanks,
Chevyguydan.
Posted By: Rust Collector Re: Gulf Oil and Atlantic City Swap Meet - Sat Jan 27 2001 04:01 AM
Chevyguydan,
The first place I would try is a GOOD auto paint supply house. Most of the paint books have a section in the back that list fleet colors. The one piece of advice I would give you is, Keep Trying. The old paint code books are like gold, and in most cases locked in some back room. I went looking last week and it took some talking before one of the old timers brought out the old books. The young kids didn't even know they had them in the back. Try several stores and try again.
Good luck,
Ed
Posted By: gasguy Re: Gulf Oil and Atlantic City Swap Meet - Sat Jan 27 2001 12:39 PM
If you have a color that you are trying to match, and have a sample of that color, you can have your local automotive paint dealer or autobody shop use a computer to take a sample analysis. PPG calls theirs a "Profit" and it is just a hand held analyser that will give you a color match (it doesn't work to read globe lenses or vinyl decals very well).
Good luck!
Posted By: Gary Drye Re: Gulf Oil and Atlantic City Swap Meet - Sat Jan 27 2001 10:44 PM
Get your paint shop to mix up PPG paint shop to mix up this for you and see if you are satisfied. It is a clearcoat/basecoat paint. DBC 191319****H. Good luck.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk