Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: K W FRITH Lubritorium -- What Company? - Thu Jun 14 2012 04:36 PM
A friend sent me a picture of a sign that he has and he thought it was Cities Service? I have seen the sign in pictures before but can't remember what brand it was associated with? Anyone remember??

Attached picture lubritorium-resized.jpg
Posted By: LKYSPADE Re: Lubritorium -- What Company? - Thu Jun 14 2012 05:01 PM
Sinclair?
Posted By: eshaver Re: Lubritorium -- What Company? - Thu Jun 14 2012 05:27 PM
Definetly not Cities Service , couldda been Sinclair as is being suggested though .......... Ed Shaver
Posted By: Notchcad Re: Lubritorium -- What Company? - Thu Jun 14 2012 05:54 PM
Sinclair and I am in need of one if he has a couple for sale!
Posted By: always lookin Re: Lubritorium -- What Company? - Thu Jun 14 2012 10:44 PM
here is a pic hanging on my wall... hope it helps. The pic and dealership are out of central Pa.

Attached picture DSC02952.JPG
Attached picture DSC02953.JPG
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Lubritorium -- What Company? - Thu Jun 14 2012 11:21 PM
Different Font on sign.
That's like when someone says "lubester", they're not saying it's an OPACO, BENNETT, G&B, HOCKYPUCK or HORSEDUNG!
Posted By: tooter Re: Lubritorium -- What Company? - Thu Jun 14 2012 11:40 PM
LOL !
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Lubritorium -- What Company? - Fri Jun 15 2012 04:15 AM
The word is generic of the 1920s, that is the name they put over the bay where the station did the lubrications.

A couple of years ago I posted a picture of a station here in the city of St. Louis where that word is part of the wall over the bay. Station is still open.

The sign might be generic, someone needs to identify the font.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Savinsam Re: Lubritorium -- What Company? - Fri Jun 15 2012 02:10 PM
Is a lubritorium a sanitarium for old cars? My spell check doesn't acknowledge the word.
Posted By: Savinsam Re: Lubritorium -- What Company? - Fri Jun 15 2012 02:35 PM
Penn drake "Lubritorium"

Description: another lubritorium
Attached picture 002.JPG
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Lubritorium -- What Company? - Sat Jun 16 2012 11:54 AM
I agree with Jack. I work in vehicle maintenance for the Postal Service and we had a garage that the word Lubritorium was in the title.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk