Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: K W FRITH Fyre Drop Pump Plate - Mon Jun 18 2012 12:45 AM
I have a friend that was able to show me this pump plate this weekend! He actually found it at an old farmstead building site, several years ago. The buildings were long gone and the area had been recently tilled up, and he happened to spot this plate sticking up out of the dirt. It has the obvious marks of the field disc that traveled across the face but still remains flat.
Its 10 ibnches across and obviously a pump plate but one that has to be very rare. I have never seen this pump plate before but then theres a LOT that I have never seen!
Has anyone ever seen this plate before and do you know if they are as rare as I think they are? I'd love to have one but I can't imagine ever finding one! LOL
Thanks--KEVIN

Attached picture Fyredrop--resized.jpg
Posted By: grabber Re: Fyre Drop Pump Plate - Mon Jun 18 2012 12:51 AM
I have only seen one...it was restored...killer sign...hens teeth rare from what i have heard...
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Fyre Drop Pump Plate - Mon Jun 18 2012 12:58 AM
Just a matter of time NOW Before they start selling out of INDIA!
Posted By: Tankar Re: Fyre Drop Pump Plate - Mon Jun 18 2012 01:01 AM
I have one I found in an antique shop 10 years ago the only other one I have seen was at Iowa gas years ago and that one was restored and sold for 5500.00 I believe.
Posted By: Tankar Re: Fyre Drop Pump Plate - Mon Jun 18 2012 01:02 AM
Dicks right.
Posted By: wfort39663 Re: Fyre Drop Pump Plate - Mon Jun 18 2012 01:37 AM
There was on in better condition that sold on ebay about 7 years ago. Brought in the $2500 plus range.
Posted By: eshaver Re: Fyre Drop Pump Plate - Mon Jun 18 2012 04:19 PM
Not trying to be a smart aleck , but how long before the Indians farm re-pops out to North Koreans as they should be able to work for rice rations . I figgure then , Wal- Mart might have em in housewares ! Ed Shaver
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk