Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: White Star Texaco color code? - Tue Jun 19 2012 12:47 AM
Can anyone give me the Texaco color code? And could you use the same paint forTexaco,Standard Oil, and Mobil?
I'm sure they are different but how much.
Thanks for any input. Yes, I'm a greenhorn!!
Butch
Posted By: JimT Re: Texaco color code? - Tue Jun 19 2012 01:03 AM
Butch click on that little blinking ,red and white envelope at the top of your page.
Posted By: Alex Re: Texaco color code? - Tue Jun 19 2012 12:51 PM
Originally Posted By: White Star
Can anyone give me the Texaco color code? And could you use the same paint forTexaco,Standard Oil, and Mobil?
I'm sure they are different but how much.
Thanks for any input. Yes, I'm a greenhorn!!
Butch

They are definitely different colors. To me (my opinion only) the Mobil red has a bit of an orange tint, and the Standard red is darker. The Texaco red is more of a truer red...LOL OK, that last sentence... I am just kidding...LOL
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Texaco color code? - Tue Jun 19 2012 02:55 PM
PCM,Guide to gas pump restoration-by Wayne Henderson & Scott Benjamin. If you are going to restore pumps you need this book. And if everyone gets answer here ,how they going to sell books.
But in a effort of goodwill- Sherwin Williams -texaco red 45351. second part -they are not the same.
Hope this helps. You can buy many helpfull books by clicking on bookstore at top of this page.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Texaco color code? - Tue Jun 19 2012 03:09 PM
The "What is the color code of my gas pump?" question is answered in our "Petro FAQ, Frequently Asked Questions" forum.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Texaco color code? - Wed Jun 20 2012 12:39 AM
Your still better off having paint MIXED TO MATCH your Decals/Signage. YOU WILL BE HAPPIER in the end.
Posted By: Alex Re: Texaco color code? - Wed Jun 20 2012 03:05 PM
DB has a good point.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk