Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: wildcatter A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Jul 04 2012 02:45 AM
We're restoring our first gas pump, a Wayne 70. We have a few questions that hopefully some fellow oldgassers can help out with (pics would be a huge help). We've looked at tons of pics of these pumps but they really aren't answering these questions.
1) Did these ever run a hose retractor of any sort? We've seen these listed for sale but am not sure if they were used or how they attach if they do.
2) We see two different nozzle receiver bezels available. Ones like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110908314421?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
and ones like this: http://www.gaspumpheaven.com/shop/product.php?productid=17027&cat=357&page=1
Our pump doesn't appear to have anywhere to mount something like the first one but does for the second one. Is the first even used on a Wayne 70?

Thanks!
Posted By: texacokie Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Jul 04 2012 03:09 AM
I think I know you.....(HA HA)....and maybe the pump you are referring to.
Posted By: wildcatter Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Jul 04 2012 03:24 AM
Hey Ron! Yea we changed our oldgas handle! We've been trying to figure out the missing pieces and we're running into some snags. We've got the paint lined up, the graphics ready for new ad glass and stickers, and an electrician friend who's going to rewire it, but we want to get all the parts in hand before we go any further.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Jul 04 2012 06:00 AM
My gas pump identification book shows basically five different Wayne 70. You need to determine which one you have. I also have sales literatue, parts lists and ads for the 70s available.

Just like a car, it is best to know which model you have.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Jul 04 2012 07:23 AM
If your hose outlet is at the bottom (extenda-hose version of Wayne 70) only then you would require the hose retractor and the brass nozzle rest listed on e-bay.

If your hose outlet is at the top (more common and probably what you have) then you don't need the retractor. You will need the stainless nozzle bezel as seen in the Gas Pump Heaven link in your post.
Posted By: wildcatter Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Jul 04 2012 04:48 PM
Hi Dave and Jack - I should have mentioned it's a 70C so yes the hose outlet is on top. Thank you for your help on this!

Now - a quick question on the globe holder - is the 6" adaptor that everyone lists what we need to mount a Capco globe on top? It still has the original globe holder on top but it's too large for a Capco. This is the part I'm referring to: http://www.gaspumpheaven.com/shop/product.php?productid=16697&cat=357&page=1
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Jul 04 2012 06:32 PM
Capco bodies have a 6" base and you will need the 6" adapter in the link you attached. Also available in a polished aluminum version if you want some bling. You can always use longer screws in the 7" adapter that you have on your pump presently.
Posted By: wildcatter Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Jul 04 2012 07:03 PM
Thank you so much for the help Dave! I'm sure we'll have some more questions soon but this should keep us busy for a bit.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Jul 04 2012 07:07 PM
Glad, I could be of assistance.
Posted By: wildcatter Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Thu Jul 26 2012 06:44 AM
Okay - got a new question! Our hinges on one door were cut so we're getting ready to order new ones. They are available pre-drilled and not - what's the best way to go on these?
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Thu Jul 26 2012 11:38 AM
Pre drilled--definitely!

There are a lot of Wayne 6 inch globe holders out there in the parts market. Advertise here on Old Gas for one and I'm sure someone has one. They usually run $40 for a nice one. Much better than aftermarket.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Thu Jul 26 2012 02:18 PM
I agree, less frustration and eliminates any chances of error.
Posted By: wildcatter Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Fri Jul 27 2012 03:56 AM
Again - thanks for the help! We're going to get those on order so we can re-fit the door on before it all gets torn down and heads off for paint.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Fri Jul 27 2012 08:05 PM
Photo's that may or may not help of Wayne 70 that I restored and use in my waiting room at my shop. Model is a 70c

Attached picture IMG_4323.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4325.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4326.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4327.JPG
Posted By: wildcatter Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Sat Jul 28 2012 03:44 AM
Thanks for the pics Mike! That's a great looking pump! Would it be possible to get a closer pic of both the hose side and the reset handle side?
Posted By: Mike M. Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Aug 08 2012 06:24 PM
More photos per your request. Please let me know if any others needed

Attached picture IMG_4336.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4337.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4338.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4339.JPG
Posted By: Mike M. Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Aug 08 2012 06:25 PM
More photos per your request. Please let me know if any others needed

Attached picture IMG_4340.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4341.JPG
Posted By: dooger54 Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Aug 08 2012 06:51 PM
Mike-

I am currently restoring a 70c also. What are the parts above the side with the crank handle? Some type of medallion and then another part above that. My pump has neither of these.

It also looks like your pump has some type of locking mechanism on the door opposite the hinge side. My doesn't have have that either.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Wed Aug 08 2012 07:45 PM
"WAYNE HONEST MEASURE" medallion & a Vent.
Posted By: wildcatter Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Thu Aug 09 2012 06:00 AM
Mike - thanks again for those pics - those answered a bunch of questions for us! Now if we can get our painter to get off his ***** we might be able to get somewhere with our pump!
Posted By: Corey1955 Re: A few questions for any Wayne 70 owners - Sat Jan 13 2018 05:03 AM
Tagged for future reference
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk