Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: ToonMan Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 02:25 AM
Does anyone have a gas Station Driveway bell in their Shop???
Posted By: advertologist Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 02:32 AM
two gas station bells.. cool
Posted By: ToonMan Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 03:15 AM
Do you get them to ring with the Air hose??? Or another way??
Posted By: azjockey Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 03:23 AM
Also 2 driveway bell. 1-older milton and - newer .Both working, but the kids drive me crazy . Almost like a dinner bell.

Gene
Posted By: ToonMan Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 03:28 AM
That's good!!! i was thinking about getting one, but wondered on how to hook it all up. i am unfammilliar with the operation of them.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 05:02 AM
Rob, they plug into a 110 volt outlet and that's all that is required to hook one up. The air line that is connected to it is sealed at one end (with a plug). When the hose is stepped on it activates a air pressure switch which causes the bell to ring. Because the line is plugged at one end when the hose is stepped on the displaced air has no where to go but into the air pressure switch. You don't have to hook it to an external air source such as a compressor.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 05:18 AM
I have a new one I purchased wholesale, thought it might be a good item to add to the ECO parts I sell. I will sell it for what I have in it. Let me know, and I will look up the invoice and give you the price.
Incidentally, they have changed very little from the 1950s.

Jack Sim
Posted By: gaspumpdon Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 10:28 AM
I'm interested Jack, PM me a price. Thanks Don
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 11:28 AM
Anyone sell the parts for the bells ? A friend of mine wired his wrong and fried the coil and points.
Posted By: GasCan Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 12:50 PM
I bought a new one from GasPumpHeaven Rob. They're pretty cool and at $65 they aren't expensive either.

http://gaspumpheaven.com/shop/product.php?productid=16303&cat=384&page=1
Posted By: TheRoyalCrown Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 01:34 PM
I have an elevator gong, haven't set it up yet. It sounds similar to a gas station bell, but unregulated it sounds more like a fire bell going off lol.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 02:19 PM
60wayne, I sent you a PM. I have some nos parts for Milton bells.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 02:29 PM
I bought one on ebay. It is going to go across my garage door soon!! Gonna be cool as hell! LOL!!!
Posted By: ToonMan Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 11:33 PM
Very Cool Jack, PM me if you haven't already PM'd Don. if you have, that is cool!!
Posted By: WJHcurator Re: Gas Station Bell - Fri Sep 14 2012 11:50 PM
I just won a Milton Bell today that dates back to the 1960's on eBay. Cannot wait to get it set up in the museums garage where the display will be.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Gas Station Bell - Sat Sep 15 2012 12:24 AM
bells are on display only- aquired these bells from
J.P. Knipp .. Long Beach as my father was in the Army
with him in WWII. when he got out of the Army he invented things in his garage & these are 2 of them.

Attached picture IMG_0452[1].JPG
Attached picture IMG_0451[1].JPG
Posted By: dundign Re: Gas Station Bell - Sat Sep 15 2012 12:31 AM
Randy - Those are pretty neat !!! Tom
Posted By: Leverhead Re: Gas Station Bell - Sat Sep 15 2012 01:01 AM
Those are really unique and creative. I love stuff like this. What was the intented usage?
Posted By: ToonMan Re: Gas Station Bell - Sat Sep 15 2012 01:45 AM
Very Cool!!!!
Posted By: Gaspedler Re: Gas Station Bell - Sat Sep 15 2012 08:43 AM
There is a special hose made for them, it is stiffer to withstand being run over all the time.
They make a special heavy flat end peice to keep the hose from rolling. But I just use a bolt stuck in the end.

My last garage sale I pulled the hose across the ally behind the house, it has a huge hit with the older customers that recognized the sound as people drove over it.
Posted By: oilmanpat Re: Gas Station Bell - Sat Sep 15 2012 11:52 AM
Chadrock has 2 of the hose kits in the original boxes if he hasn't sold them yet.
Posted By: belair57 Re: Gas Station Bell - Sat Sep 15 2012 12:13 PM
Miltonsbells.com has a complete website. Many different variations to choose from.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk