Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: K W FRITH Kudos to Dave Gill - Sat Sep 22 2012 10:30 PM
I watch the auction flyers for North Dakota pretty closely and if theres a decent gas pump up for sale, I'm generally there just in case it goes reasonable! Well, today was one of those days! There was a Fry 117 and a Bowser 575 at this farm sale, and I had to go just in case! Of course, both pumps brought a considerable amount more than I was willing to pay, and I was headed for my truck and whimpering because it was another wasted trip. All of a sudden, my phone rang and it was my friend Dave Gill on the other end and he was telling me about the Cities Service lollipop base that had just popped up on Old Gas!! I explained that I was 100 miles from my computer and wouldn't be home for a couple hours and without hesitation, Dave said to not worry about it, that he would take care of it and contact me when I got home!!
When I finally got home, I had a PM waiting for me that the base was mine and to call the seller(another friend of mine) and make the arrangements!
What a deal! It sure made me feel good to know that others are willing to go out of their way to help out another collector! I met both of these fellows thru Old Gas and couldn't be prouder to call them my friends!
grin What a great hobby and what a great web site! grin
Posted By: blacktee Re: Kudos to Dave Gill - Sat Sep 22 2012 10:38 PM
That's a good Love story. : )
Posted By: GasCan Re: Kudos to Dave Gill - Sat Sep 22 2012 10:50 PM
Those are the kinds of things we all like to read about, and glad to see you found another stand after the last one was a flake there Kevin. Good on both of you for putting it all together.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Kudos to Dave Gill - Sun Sep 23 2012 12:20 AM
Kevin, thanks for the kind words. I'm just glad, that I was able to help.
Posted By: Flatland Re: Kudos to Dave Gill - Sun Sep 23 2012 04:40 AM
I'm willing to bet the help you received was just a case of "the golden rule". You have been a great help to several of us here!
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: Kudos to Dave Gill - Sun Sep 23 2012 05:46 AM
Great story Kevin. I just wanted to say thanks to you for all your help also, and to all the other people who have help me on here also. P.S.some times with my spelling also LOL
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk