Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 56chiefstar What is it with all these India repop signs - Sat Dec 01 2012 12:14 PM
Boy I checked out the signs on ebay yesterday and was amazed at the huge amount of repo fake signs on ebay now from India. It is getting ridiculous, I remember few years back there were a few but now there are thousands on there. They must be making tons of them over there.
Posted By: Mr.Wadhams Re: What is it with all these India repop signs - Sat Dec 01 2012 01:16 PM
Its as if all they have to do in that country is to answer our customer service calls and make fake signs!

Jim
Posted By: porcelain-neon Re: What is it with all these India repop signs - Sat Dec 01 2012 01:23 PM
Some folks are very industrious, if there is money somewhere, they will work to get it.
Posted By: eshaver Re: What is it with all these India repop signs - Sat Dec 01 2012 03:39 PM
56, look these are my observations . I'll get into page three of E-bay and that's all I see, ( REPOP ) !They'd do everyone a favor and just seperate it into REAL , Real old , and REPOP.

Ed Shaver
Posted By: 56chiefstar Re: What is it with all these India repop signs - Sat Dec 01 2012 04:45 PM
I agree, I have felt for a long time that ebay should make more modifications in their search as it takes me forever to go thru signs even when I narrow it down by price, collectibles and narrowest advertising, still alot of junk and reproductions are there. Mentioned this to ebay before with no luck
Posted By: eshaver Re: What is it with all these India repop signs - Sat Dec 01 2012 05:17 PM
Originally Posted By: 56chiefstar
I agree, I have felt for a long time that ebay should make more modifications in their search as it takes me forever to go thru signs even when I narrow it down by price, collectibles and narrowest advertising, still alot of junk and reproductions are there. Mentioned this to ebay before with no luck

In the words of one of my favorite Pop bands /recording artists - Firesign Theater ; "Heavy on de 30 wheight Maw "..............

Ed Shaver
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: What is it with all these India repop signs - Sat Dec 01 2012 06:08 PM
Majority of reproduction signs are made in North America, that is a fact.

Very small percentage are made overseas. Local signs are a greater problem. Check out this guys listings and feedback. These are common American made reproductions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Texaco-9-Inch-Cu...-/321032700695?

There are hundreds of sellers like him on e-Bay. The reproduction problem is home grown. It's easy to point the finger overseas. Fact is, it's happening much closer to home.
Posted By: 56chiefstar Re: What is it with all these India repop signs - Sun Dec 02 2012 03:13 AM
Well I notice the India ones, there is something about them I can tell right away its from there. I remember probably around 15 years ago buying an Everyready battery sign with the man holding the flashlight porcelain sign at Brimfield before I knew about India signs. Fortunately I was told by someone there that it was a fake from India, got a refund of the $500 I spent and then I started learning about the India ones
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk