Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Gas globe guy The picker chick... - Thu Dec 13 2012 11:50 PM
http://thepickerchick.com
Anyone know how to contact her?? I want to see if she has some things for sale. I didn't see her email on the site.

Thanks
Noah
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: The picker chick... - Fri Dec 14 2012 12:05 AM
She sells on Ebay a lot...look for her there maybe.
Darin
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: The picker chick... - Fri Dec 14 2012 12:09 AM
I think that is Cynthia Eastwood? She is on Facebook quite a bit.
Posted By: motorheadmafia Re: The picker chick... - Fri Dec 14 2012 12:13 AM
I can get your her email, one of her guys came up and checked out a bunch of stuff I had for sale. PM and I can get it to you.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: The picker chick... - Fri Dec 14 2012 12:26 AM
Why would you have a website with tons of stuff for sale and not have an email or phone number anywhere on it????.......
Posted By: motorheadmafia Re: The picker chick... - Fri Dec 14 2012 12:33 AM
I am sure it has something to do with the fact that she was on american restoration recently, lol might get flooded with calls and emails. Plus when I talked with her she is in the process of working on a show that would be on tv.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: The picker chick... - Fri Dec 14 2012 12:41 AM
Another picker/restoration show....that's what we need alright!
Posted By: The Shoveler Re: The picker chick... - Fri Dec 14 2012 09:09 AM
Her email is on the site. So is her phone number. Look carefully. She emailed me back some pictures of just the kind of thing I was looking for but after I responded, I haven't heard back. I think she may be really busy. Her pictures are great, and the pumps in them seem REAL desirable at least to me.
Posted By: Nicole Re: The picker chick... - Sat Dec 15 2012 12:29 AM
Shop around Noah. If she has had all that TV exposure, you might be paying top dollar for what she has on her website. You may find it cheaper if you post it as a 'want' on that forum.

Good luck!
Posted By: 56chiefstar Re: The picker chick... - Sat Dec 15 2012 10:45 AM
Shes great at makeing deals with people and not showing up.I would not recommend her, she has burned many this way I have heard
Posted By: luke637638 Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 03:00 AM
Hi Rabbitman.
Back then, when I wanted to link photos from my EBay store, EBay, for whatever reason(s), required me to remove my phone number off of my website. I believe their policy was to prevent off-EBay sales, or something like that. Most of the members on this website know how to call me, email me, and/or know where I live and have been to my house. Once me EBay listing was done, I would put my phone number back on.
Posted By: luke637638 Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 03:14 AM
Hi.
Yes, there are many 'picker' and 'restoration' shows on TV. I had fun filming, some episodes did not get to air yet ( as of today 10/3/2015), and I did/do get paid well for it. I was smart enough to find a way out of my contract, which required me to fire my agent as well as my producer/production company. I still maintain sole ownership of all my rights to my filming. Besides, I am much more of a nerd than a TV personality. I even struck a lucrative deal not to compete against other similar shows.
Cynthia
The Picker Chick
Posted By: 63shelby Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 03:32 AM
Why only reply to one aspect of this post if your going to reply at all ? and then only to say how good you get paid and how smart you are....what about this quote ?
"Shes great at making deals with people and not showing up.I would not recommend her, she has burned many this way I have heard"
I myself have left no less than 5 messages and more emails than that over the last year asking to buy items from you or at least be able to come by your store to shop as I'm right down the freeway from you, all with 0 response !! Just because your on TV and get paid well and are a smart negotiator blah blah blah (all self proclaimed by the way) doesn't make you a respectable or trustworthy business person and that's a fact.
Posted By: Done4 Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 12:23 PM
Well Cynthia seems as if you have a handle on the TV monkey doodle world. Good for you, seems as if you lack old fashion business practices and how to establish and maintain a business reputation.

You are playing in a small community of collectors who are all connected one way or the other and the truth always comes out.

Once this kind of stuff comes out it is very hard to stop and correct. Good luck in your acting career.
Posted By: luke637638 Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 12:59 PM
Hi Pete.
I will reply about Gary from Hesperia this one time. He called me and needed money for something and offered me a pump...I said that I was planning on making it the next day. I failed to make it, and all that I heard from him on the phone and in emails were hateful rants and serious name calling because I didn't make it. Did I intend to show up, yes, but Gary's reaction to me not making it was off the chart. As far as the rest of his post, I have no idea, nor do I care. I suffer and have suffered from debilitating migraines since childhood, most people know that. It affects my life like you cannot imagine. I had one hit in the early morning of the day I was supposed to go to Gary's house... obviously I didn't make it. Gary did know of my migraines, but was so upset when I did not show up, he chose the road that he did. It's unfortunate.
Good luck to you Pete in your collecting, wish we did get a chance to meet. I would like to add this: when I hear stories from collectors about other people and other collectors, I just go on as if I never heard it. I don't want to get caught up in he-said she-said stuff.
Cynthia
Posted By: luke637638 Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 01:10 PM
My handle on 'my acting career' as you put it was to realize that it was most definitely not for me. So in that regard, I did get it handled and never look back. I would like to add that when business and emotions mix, the fallout has the effects of a bad divorce. I cannot control what people say. But when an agreement is made with another person, and that person changes the terms after-the-fact, it creates a very uncomfortable and complicated situation... a situation that produces a non win-win situation. Bits and pieces of a story, or even part of a story is unfair not just for both parties involved, but for others as well.
Cynthia
Posted By: Done4 Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 01:18 PM
I agree with you on all of your points. I assume I have been doing this much longer than you and have experienced a lot of good and bad. My statement of your Acting Career was based on your on post which in my humble opinion was presented rather lofty. No insult intended.

Just remember what goes around comes around. Good luck in what ever you choice to do.
Posted By: luke637638 Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 01:35 PM
Hi.
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. I am no big time person or picker, I just really love it. I am a simple person who lives in a small town, and I love it that way. Most people do have much more experience than I do, but I learn from them. I grew up with a Dad who loved hot rods and picking (back then they called it scrounging). My Dad had two daughters, me and my older sister--and she hated hot rods and junk. I loved it. My Dad took me everywhere with him, I helped him build sand rails and hot rods, I learned how to weld from him in junior high. I love being on the road picking, but I also love being at home.
Posted By: 63shelby Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 05:05 PM
Cynthia, let me first say thank you for replying to all of the posts!the non response to correspondence was my only personal experience with you. While you're obviously able to reply now can I ask.... You say your based in Corona, I'm very close do you have a business that's open to the public or strictly on line? If so can you post address and hours? If appointments are necessary how to make them?
Posted By: Tbirdgas Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 06:21 PM
I have bought 2 globes from Cynthia in the past. Over the top packaging and shipping,just wish she would keep her site a little more current.
Posted By: ironheadtom Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 07:43 PM
Just thought I'd pipe in and say that I had one dealing with Cynthia. I had an item on Craigslist, she called, came and got it right on time, chatted, no biggie. She is a nice person and it was a nice smooth transaction.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 08:10 PM
All I want to know is why are we stirring up a thread that was started three years ago? When I first saw this today I had to go backwards to even know what it was about and then seen my short post and thought "when did I say that"? No wonder I couldn't remember it, it was Dec, 2012 when I wrote it. Shoot, I have a hard time remembering yesterday. It behooves one to look closely at a date posted in these threads before posting a reply to them sometimes. If you don't frequent this forum more than once every three years I doubt that it would be a big matter in your life anyway. Just saying,please don't take this as a stab in the heart to anyone, I am really indifferent to the subject anyway. Have a nice day all....GB
Posted By: Neil Gerrard Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 09:29 PM
HOLY DEAD THREAD BATMAN!!!!
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 09:59 PM
Now I have a migraine headache.
Posted By: coheley5 Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 11:04 PM
Now I get it that I looked at the date on first post . Hope I don't get called out for something I said years ago.
Posted By: 63shelby Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 11:35 PM
LOL true it was a old thread....but no one is stirring the pot, she is the one who chose to respond or explain herself three years later which opened the door for my questions and I guess others comments as well.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: The picker chick... - Sun Oct 04 2015 11:54 PM
Is there a way to delete posts like these so I don't have to keep reading them?

Jack Sim
Posted By: ironheadtom Re: The picker chick... - Mon Oct 05 2015 12:41 AM
Lol. I didn't catch that. A good reminder for me to look at everything a little closer next time
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: The picker chick... - Mon Oct 05 2015 01:42 AM
Wow ! The makings of a Soap Opera .:)
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk