Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: White Star Wayne 60 Restoration - Mon May 06 2013 11:39 PM
My question Is how do I get the large nut off the site glass? Do I have to buy the special tool? Thanks
Posted By: ROCCO2 Re: Wayne 60 Restoration - Mon May 06 2013 11:41 PM
Yes you do,oil it up and let it soak until your tool arrives,sometimes you just need a little heat,but heat it from the inside,don't melt the aluminum.good luck
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: Wayne 60 Restoration - Tue May 07 2013 02:07 AM
I believe the tool to remove the nut is $25 on gas pump heaven or Vics66 can't remember for sure but one of them sells it.

Bob.
Posted By: MIKEMODEL60 Re: Wayne 60 Restoration - Tue May 07 2013 02:34 AM
I HAVE THIS TOOL , WELDED TO A SNAP-ON-WRENCH.
YOU MAY BORROW IT OR BUY IT, AS (YES) I USED IT TO RESTORE
MY ONE AND ONLY GAS PUMP.
Mike

Attached picture PIC00002.JPG
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Wayne 60 Restoration - Tue May 07 2013 02:36 AM
Make your own w/ a oxygen bottle cap. Weld a 1/2" drive socket to rounded end [or drill two 1/2"-3/4" holes near rounded end for a 2-3' bar], cut/grind slots on open end to fit the 60 visi nut.
Tbuckles made his using a Large Connecting Rod [conrod]!

Last one I bought [eons ago], the sq drive end stripped out so made my own.
Posted By: Ed Steagall Re: Wayne 60 Restoration - Tue May 07 2013 02:25 PM
wink Gas Pump Heaven is making this tool out of metal almost 50% thicker than the other vendors. Much stronger and less prone to stripping teeth or socket hole. Same price I think. A long 1/2 breaker bar will give more leverage to aid removal also. Definately spray Liquid Wrench all over the nut to soak in everywhere. SLOWLY apply increasing pressure on the bar, if you must heat the nut, take it easy and alternate trying to take nut off and heating.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk