Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: K W FRITH Where did this pump go? - Sun May 12 2013 03:05 PM
Marc (Greasyboy1970) is trying to locate this old pump that was purchased from his father back in the 80's. It was in Huron, South Dakota and I'm sure Marc will add the details after I post this picture. Looks like a Wayne 50 Firestone pump.

Attached picture SD Wayne 50.jpg
Posted By: Greasyboy1970 Re: Where did this pump go? - Sun May 12 2013 03:22 PM
Thanks Kevin!!! Was just seeing if I could locate the person who purchased this or the location it is being displayed at the present time. I would love to get this old girl back!!! Thanks for Looking!!!Marc (It was behind Hansen Oil Equipment in the 80s in Huron,S.D.
Posted By: Notchcad Re: Where did this pump go? - Sun May 12 2013 03:29 PM
Wish I knew! That's next on the list! Good luck finding it guys!
Posted By: Kash Re: Where did this pump go? - Mon May 13 2013 01:28 AM
pm sent
Posted By: Goober's Station Re: Where did this pump go? - Mon May 13 2013 11:40 PM
A picture like that is what we lay in bed and dream about at night, good luck finding your pump '70 smile

Goober
Posted By: KentuckyT Re: Where did this pump go? - Mon May 13 2013 11:48 PM
Good luck with your search. I know how you feel, I have been searching for a sign with a family ties for years.
Posted By: Greasyboy1970 Re: Where did this pump go? - Tue May 14 2013 01:15 AM
Thanks for the encouragement gents!!! I used to use this pump as a pylon/trail marker/leaning post when I tore around behind our shop in the 70s/80s. Would definately find a different use for it today smile.
Posted By: Greasyboy1970 Re: Where did this pump go? - Tue May 14 2013 04:23 PM
Thanks Goober!!! I went to a farm to talk to a old farmer who had a Wayne 60 of ours but he sold it also a year ago, did score the Socony-Vacuum/White Eagle Map Display Rack we used to have at that place, been looking for that even longer!!!! Ain't gonna find it if you don't look I guess smile. Take Care,Marc
Posted By: Ron Scobie Re: Where did this pump go? - Tue May 14 2013 10:35 PM
Marc, I think Max sold that pump to a guy here in St. Paul who took it to Hershey that fall and resold it. As I remember it was in the Blue Field (which is long gone). The roller coaster is there now.
Ron
Posted By: Greasyboy1970 Re: Where did this pump go? - Tue May 14 2013 11:13 PM
Thanks Ron! I have tracked a few items down that got away but I will never give up on one of those. Max says Hi!
Posted By: jkyocom Re: Where did this pump go? - Tue May 14 2013 11:25 PM
cool,
I have the first pump I ever used, from my Grandpa's dairy farm in PA. still has the brass gasboy dry hose nozzle.
Posted By: blacktee Re: Where did this pump go? - Wed May 15 2013 12:30 AM
It's nice to see other collectors wanting something from the past that's family oriented. Tonight I wrote 4 letters to the children and wife's of the men who owned my father's station before him. I've been lucky enough to find photos of my father at the station, but no photos of the building itself when it was in it's glory in porcelain.

I wish you luck finding the pump, that would be way cool.

Doug
Posted By: Greasyboy1970 Re: Where did this pump go? - Wed May 15 2013 11:33 AM
I started trying to locate this pump locally about 5 five years ago with no luck. I am overwhelmed that there are people out there that will go the extra mile to help me locate this pump. I just hope I can return the favor to some. Anyone with any questions about the gas and oil business in eastern South Dakota may feel free to contact me. My family has been in the business here since 1928. My grandfather passed away when i was 1 so I never got to know him. He started for Standard Oil in 1928 through 1960. I guess that is where I got the Standard in my blood at. To make a long story short i collect Standard Oil items in honor of my grandpa that I never met. (Found my grandpas 30 year Diamond Standard Oil Service pin yesterday!!!! Things are looking up!)
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk