Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: yokahoma Old Phillips 66 Sign - Sun Nov 04 2007 08:59 PM
I have an old two sided Phillps 66 sign. It measures approximately 6'X6'. It has black letters on an orange background. Near the bottom
of the sign there is a set of numbers indicating 4-40. There is also the name of the manufacturer of the sign on the bottom of it. It is mounted in a heavy steel framework as it would have set on top of a
large metal post and this framework would have mounted to the post. I have no knowledge about collecting these so how do I get an honest opinion as to wheter this sign is acually worth something or if it is just scrap metal.

[This message has been edited by yokahoma (edited 11-09-2007).]
Posted By: hawkike Re: Old Phillips 66 Sign - Sun Nov 04 2007 09:47 PM
Black and orange are the old Phillips colors.Sounds as though it is dated April of 1940.Yes it is a good one!Not sure of value but no doubt some one will respond.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Old Phillips 66 Sign - Sun Nov 04 2007 10:10 PM
post a pic,if you dont know how email it and i will post it for you;def not scrap,but condition is everything
Posted By: Philip Re: Old Phillips 66 Sign - Sun Nov 04 2007 10:42 PM
Welcome to Oldgas!

If you live in Oklahoma I would be interested in buying your sign possibly. Depending on condition and price of course. I have the correct pole and need that orange and black sign to put in it.

Thanks!

You can email me at getusum111@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by Philip (edited 11-04-2007).]
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: Old Phillips 66 Sign - Mon Nov 05 2007 01:42 PM
It would help if you posted a picture or two.
A decent barn hanger would probably be worth $200 and a nice one $600, maybe more.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Old Phillips 66 Sign - Thu Nov 08 2007 01:46 PM
Bob I agree with you on the prices on the sign. There are people looking for signs rough & nice. The rough ones will most likely be hung outside while the nicer ones stay inside to be protected from the elements. If it is a rough rare sign someone would get it & probably have it restored. Most collectors would not let a sign get scrapped it is just in our blood
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk