Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 07:04 PM
Hay everyone I have two 55gal. Oil lubsters and I was wondering if I could pic some brains about restoring them. One is standard and the other is Mobil.

Thanks a lot for the help
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 07:10 PM
John, Welcome. Here's how this site works.....you post a request for information showing pictures of your project. Ask the questions you'd like responses to. Someone usually answers in short order. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 07:17 PM
Ok but how do I post pics on here
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 07:26 PM
Read the 2 Sticky - Instruction at top of this page;
http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1
IF that doesn't work for you, go to the TEST Forum & learn how to use Image Shack.
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 07:31 PM
I already registered and tried to do it but then on this one it doesn't give anything to select for adding pic
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 07:34 PM
SWITCH TO FULL REPLY SCREEN
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 07:36 PM
SLOW DOWN, just cause a car will do 100+, you have to learn how to control it 1st.
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 07:39 PM
Ok, I think I deleted my image resize account what do I do
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 07:45 PM
Drink more Beer, get a Bigger Hammer & use a S L O W E R***B U R N I N G***F U S E!
Posted By: PlainBroke Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 08:20 PM
LMAO rolling on the floor.......sorry
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 08:38 PM
Why does he need a picture, I believe we all know what a lubster looks like. Just tell him how you restored one of them.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 08:46 PM
Thanks jack. The first day of this forum has been kinda overwhelming. Plus I'm only 19 and this is my first restoration
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 08:53 PM
19 w/ a hand held devise
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 08:54 PM
Yes
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 08:58 PM
Posted By: Jason K Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 09:01 PM
Don't worry Oilcanman87, I'm 19 as well. It took me awhile to figure out this great site and it has helped me a lot.
Posted By: st.rod Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 09:03 PM
Here is a link from 2007 with 7 pages to look through. Lots of lubesters to look at.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=93381&page=1

Larry
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 09:04 PM
Ok. So Maybe you can help me with the pic problem I can't seem to upload them on the resize thing I think I deleted the album and now it's not here
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 09:11 PM
Oh that's great thanks! smile
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Oil lubesters - Mon Aug 19 2013 09:13 PM
USE A BIGGER HAMMER, better yet throw the hand held as Far AS YOU CAN Towards the River/Pond [or read the instructions on How To Use This Device].
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Oil lubesters - Tue Aug 20 2013 03:57 AM
The biggest problem with posting pics is the device you are using to acquire the pics.

Buy a decent camera, say a Nikon, where you can set the camera where you can post it directly on the site using Image Shack. You'll never regret buying a "real" camera.

Also, buy a stand alone scanner, something that again you can set the size you want, "before" you scan the item. I suggest a Epson.

With good equipment you should be able to put a pic on this site in less than a minute.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Oil lubesters - Tue Aug 20 2013 04:39 AM
Oilcanman87 it's your first day and you're overwhelmed?

How do you think the rest of us feel? I was away all day and get on this site and all I'm seeing is posts by you all over the place asking all kinds of questions. You're overwhelming me....

Like DB has stated a number of times....slow down!

Spend a few days getting to know the site and familiarizing yourself with it. Rome wasn't built in a day!
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Oil lubesters - Tue Aug 20 2013 04:42 PM
Ok I got a link to see the project.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272...zps6d42576c.jpg

Posted By: LC 336 Re: Oil lubesters - Tue Aug 20 2013 09:08 PM
Hi Oilcan,
Welcome to the site...
Here is a link to a lubester that I restored a while back.
Go to page #2 and read the post of how I did it.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=30944&Number=195573#Post195573

A few people had asked me to post the process, I know your not doing a display case but this will help you in getting it ready to restore.
If you have any questions feel free to PM.
Posted By: Nicole Re: Oil lubesters - Tue Aug 20 2013 10:38 PM
Oooo my new member post was too late. You have stepped in poo! You have also been met with kindness and jokesters, all of who are trying in their way to help.

Please post your progress on your restoration in 'stories and showcases' when your project is done. Everyone has trouble at first posting the pictures. You will figure it out in the end! smile

Again, welcome!
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Oil lubesters - Wed Aug 21 2013 01:11 AM
Thank you.
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: Oil lubesters - Wed Aug 21 2013 12:03 PM
Welcome to oldgas oilcanman.

Your handheld will work just fine, the senior citizens on here don't realize the cameras on most smart phones are as good or better than most stand alone cameras. Uploading from your phone is easier as well. I like the portability and convenience of using the smart phones so just keep working with it...you'll figure it out.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Oil lubesters - Wed Aug 21 2013 02:34 PM
There is a Help section here on the forum with answers and "How To" instructions for doing things here on the forum. Like how to upload pictures, how to resize, etc., etc.

Shop Talk Help Forum
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Oil lubesters - Wed Aug 21 2013 03:48 PM
Ok thanks I did figured it out I use photobucket
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Oil lubesters - Wed Aug 21 2013 07:05 PM
Select the IMG link to copy & paste in your post/replys
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk