Oldgas.com Home
I live at an old Standard Oil of California Distrubutorship here in the middle of Walla Walla County in Washington State.

It is located 30 miles north of Walla Walla at 9020 Lyons Ferry Road...You might be able to view it on Google Earth or something like that.

Anyway, there are still standing the 3 17,000 gallon tanks and plenty of metal pipe which is coming down this Monday or Tuesday, August 26 or 27, 2013.

The old distrubutorship which ceased operation about 30 years ago.

It was established sometime in the 1940's...My 1938-1945 (or there abouts) Gilbarco 96C2 Gas pump was converted to the Cheveron colors of the early/late 50's-60's so it must of pumped some gas from this plant at one time or the other.

They used to provide fuel to the area wheat farmers.

Anyway, take a look cause they wont be there much longer.

Pluck
Thanks for sharing.
I live at an old Standard Oil of California Distrubutorship here in the middle of Walla Walla County in Washington State.

did you get pictures?.. cool
9020 Lyons Ferry Road, Prescott, WA
Is this the correct address?
I can't find it
yes,

9020 Lyons Ferry Rd.
Prescott, Washington
Steve, if you can take a few photo's and add them to this thread. You will help preserve the images for future reference by anyone searching this site.
Aerial shot.
Why do places like this go out of business? Are the wheat farmers still there? If so, where do they buy fuel now?

P.S. why is "Aerial" spelled with an "e" when it is from the AIR, not the AER?

Attached picture ScreenShot035.jpg
The dealership is at the lower right of the road in the photo above...kind of looks like a 45 DEGREE angle.

Oh yes...the wheat farmers are still here.

Do not know why the busisness shut down...that will be something I will have to find out and do some research on.

It could be that the tanks were condemed by the EPA and the cost of up-grade, insurance, and liability was just to much...do not know for sure.

Most of the fuel for the farmers needs comes out of Walla Walla or the Tri-Cities area.

Pluck
Posted By: H1HUMMER Re: liOld Standard Oil Distrubutorship coming down... - Thu Aug 22 2013 12:57 PM
I assume this is Deshazo's place ? went to a sale there a few years ago and got some Chevron tank tags and misc other items.

Very cool place to dig around, too bad it's coming down.
H1HUMMER...

Yes, it is the same place...

I have a 3-peice sign for which each section is about 20" x 20" and it is minus the center section.

It says:

BOB MUZZY JR
DEALERSHIP
STANDARD OIL COMPANY
OF CALIFORNIA

Red, White and Blue

Having the center section professionally redone.

Pluck

Pluck
This coming Tusday, the tanks and all the piping will be gone.

This station has been here since the very late 30's or the early 40's.

Pluck
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk