Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: JUNK KING You never know what you might see - Fri Nov 15 2013 02:09 AM
The wife was watching The Michael J. Fox show and said look they have your old Hess truck. Sure enough sold one like it a while ago.

Attached picture 1384484836687.jpg
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: You never know what you might see - Fri Nov 15 2013 06:14 AM
There is a ton of them out there.

Jack Sim
Posted By: 60wayne Re: You never know what you might see - Fri Nov 15 2013 12:49 PM
I was having lunch at a local bar the other day and the American Picker's show was on the TV. I saw an old car up on poles and thought I have seen that.Where was it? Then I noticed a Union 76 sign in the background, leaning against a shed.

I then realized that, the other day I had seen this stuff in an auction notice on auctionzip.com,for this coming weekend. The sale had looked interesting so I had thought to go. On top of that there is another sale on the way there that has a few gas pumps. One of the pumps I have seen sell in the past at a different auction several years ago.

To top it off the next episode of the Picker's comes on and there is my friend Thornton {The King of Petro}
Posted By: 60wayne Re: You never know what you might see - Mon Nov 18 2013 03:02 AM
Well I went to both auctions and enjoyed the day looking around. I did not buy anything but saw some cool stuff.

Attached picture 092.JPG
Attached picture 093.JPG
Attached picture 104.JPG
Attached picture 112.JPG
Posted By: 60wayne Re: You never know what you might see - Mon Nov 18 2013 03:08 AM
The Gilbarco did not sell at the second auction. The reserve was too high. It went high when I saw it sell several years ago. They were wanting to make a profit at what they set the reserve at. They should have let it go because they sure made up for it on a set of oil bottles and the Wayne 70.

Attached picture 107.JPG
Attached picture 119.JPG
Attached picture 120.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk