Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: hobbies4howie Another Oilzum sign question - Fri Dec 20 2013 05:27 PM
I always thought that this sign was real but someone else wasn't sure. Now I'm unsure. It is wood backed painted tin dated '55. Measures 3 ft by 6 ft. Thoughts?

Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: Another Oilzum sign question - Fri Dec 20 2013 05:28 PM
Looks real to me?
Posted By: nochevys Re: Another Oilzum sign question - Fri Dec 20 2013 05:53 PM
I'd say real as well due to size...
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Another Oilzum sign question - Fri Dec 20 2013 05:55 PM
I wouldn't worry about that one. The earlier green one with the wood frame has been repopped
Posted By: Gargoyle Re: Another Oilzum sign question - Fri Dec 20 2013 06:18 PM
Agree it looks legit due to size & maker's mark...the repops of this design are smaller and are "conveniently chipped" top-left & bottom-right.
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: Another Oilzum sign question - Fri Dec 20 2013 07:18 PM
Since you agree it's real when did the hat button get removed
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Another Oilzum sign question - Fri Dec 20 2013 08:12 PM
I believe what I am "posting" is correct:

The "pie shaped" logo with and without "Oswald the Chauffeur" was the 3rd Generation of "Oswald" logos; And the 4th Generation of logos for Oilzum.

Different Oilzum logos: 1905 Bucktooth Kid, 1910 Oswald on solid orange field, 1940s Oswald on white over orange field, 1950s Oswald on pie shape... (I believe these are the correct issue dates for the different logos)

I don't remember ever seeing any "3rd Generation Oswald" cans, items or signage; where Oswald was wearing the earlier Chauffeur's hat with the button on top....

These are the Oilzum cans, I have:

Here again, is the Feb '07 COTM about Oilzum:

http://www.oldgas.com/shoptalk/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001707.html
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Another Oilzum sign question - Fri Dec 20 2013 10:55 PM
Thank's Bob, for the great info on the different logo's and dates.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk