Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: zerolene harbor gas sign - Sun Aug 19 2007 09:08 PM
does anyone know if they ever made a repro of the harbor gas sign ? If so is there any way to tell the real from repo? I have never seen one in person only pics are they single sided or double sided? any info will help
thanks
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: harbor gas sign - Sun Aug 19 2007 11:02 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Harbor-Gasoline-Oil-...1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted By: zerolene Re: harbor gas sign - Sun Aug 19 2007 11:32 PM
sory should have been harbor petroleum products like this one
thanks

(This is just a pic I took off here a while back)

[This message has been edited by zerolene (edited 08-19-2007).]
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: harbor gas sign - Sun Aug 19 2007 11:35 PM
-

[This message has been edited by MetroPetro (edited 08-19-2007).]
Posted By: +Chris Holt Re: harbor gas sign - Mon Aug 20 2007 12:23 AM
Zerolene , Vintage Concepts made 100 of them a couple years ago I bought a couple of them ,I only have one now ,and no its not for sale . I would contact info@vcsigns.com maybe they have one left layin in the back room. Just a thought , as to your Question about telling them apart , V.C. Signs said they where exact copys of originals I just assumed that ment size, color,and shape but I have never put my repro up against a real one to verify that. It just looks good on my wall thats all I know.
Posted By: zerolene Re: harbor gas sign - Mon Aug 20 2007 04:03 AM
Thanks Chris, V.C dates them at the bottom correct ? I am going to look at one tommorow and with all the talk of repros latley just want to be prepaired
Posted By: hotcidr Re: harbor gas sign - Mon Aug 20 2007 01:47 PM
Vintage concepts did make a copy a couple of years ago. Not the same size as the original. There were 50 of them made. I also bought two and have one I'm going to sell at Fred Stoke's sale next month. If you are interested contact me at my email hotcidr@cox.net. The repop signs are only one side and none of us can afford the real thing any longer, one sold last month for $26,000 plus buyers fee ray
Posted By: zerolene Re: harbor gas sign - Mon Aug 20 2007 04:35 PM
Thanks Ray, email sent
Posted By: thermactor Re: harbor gas sign - Tue Aug 21 2007 01:28 AM
Are the V.C. signs marked or dated?

Wes
Posted By: +Chris Holt Re: harbor gas sign - Tue Aug 21 2007 09:06 AM
Not Mine
Posted By: hotcidr Re: harbor gas sign - Fri Aug 31 2007 01:59 AM
I was contacted by Zerolene who was sending me a check for my reproduction Harbor sign. No check has arrived and I don't have his email address. Can anyone help
Ray
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk