Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Gas stuff.com We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 12:48 AM
With great sadness I have to report that the Petroliana community has lost another great man. Brad Grabow has lost his battle with cancer today. He was the kindness man I have ever met. A riot to travel with. I know I am gonna miss him greatly. Anyone who ever met him would agree. I would like to thank all the Oldgasser's who donated for his benefit last year, it really made a difference in his life. RIP old friend.
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 12:53 AM
Wow John, what a bummer to hear. I was hoping to see him at your show this weekend. A really great guy.
Posted By: gaspumpfrank Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 01:06 AM
Bradley was one of the best of the best, John, your so right he was the kindness person anyone could have known. We will all miss him a lot. God be with Sandy and his family. RIP Bradley. frown
Posted By: Pegasus Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 02:32 AM
Sorry to hear this news. Bradley was most certainly a unique character and will be missed by most all who knew him. I especially will miss hanging out with him at the various Matthews auction events we both attended over the years. Dinner at the Peotone beer stube was always an adventure with Bradley at the table. RIP my friend.

Richard
Posted By: Mike M. Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 02:40 AM
Sorry to hear John. Sometimes I can't put a name with the face but every time a friend in the hobby is lost, our thoughts and prayers go out to all family and friends.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 02:51 AM
For those wondering if they would recognize Brad? Here is a link from last year's Benefit...

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=411404&page=1
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 03:12 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends. I remember the fund raising efforts.
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 03:15 AM
Thoughts and prayers to the family. John and others, my sympathies for the loss of a good friend.
Posted By: Maxgas Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 08:36 AM
RIP Brad. You will truly be missed. I want to say thank you to Rocco for introducing me to Brad last year at Columbus we all went out together and he a great dinner. I laughed the whole time with Brad and Rocco. He was truly a great man and a great member of the OG community.
Posted By: nochevys Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 10:02 AM
That's a bummer! RIP my friend. Bradley was a great person. I am glad to have known him.
Posted By: bustermonty Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 10:09 AM
Had the honor and pleasure of meeting Bradley in Iowa a few years ago. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
Posted By: ROCCO2 Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 11:15 AM
I was at Bradley's bed side last night with his family at the time of his passing.It was very sad to see him suffer for the last 10 days.This was a man who could move a tokheim 850 on a hand cart by himself.A real fun guy with lots of jokes even though he'd forget the punch line most of the time made it even better.
We went to a lot of gas shows together over the years and i always helped him the best i could to set up and sell his stuff and i'm glad i did that for him.
He was a great guy who i think loved my wife more than i do.
I will miss him greatly.RIP Bradley
(se ya on the other side)

Rock
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 11:19 AM
I cant say that I ever met him. I am sorry to hear of his passing, he sounds like a great guy!
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 11:21 AM
I knew Brad for two years and we bought and sold from each other on several occasions. A fair man who was easy to talk to and with a great sense of humor. My condolences to his family.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 11:56 AM
I still have the thank you card from Brads fund raiser last year. I've kept it on my desk all this time and think of him often. I didn't know him well but had met him at Iowa and really liked him. RIP Bradley!
Posted By: Steven C. Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 12:09 PM
Once again, another tough to see posting. I didn't know him, but like Ryan said, seemed like a very well liked and nice guy.
Makes me think, even though I didn't know him, as with others in the past, some day it will be someone here that I know. And someday it will be my wife posting about myself I imagine.
Just reminds me of how much I love and apprieciate this community, this hobby, and the men that live it.

RIP and my prayers to his family.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 02:04 PM
Sorry to hear… RIP
Posted By: 59fairlane Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 02:19 PM
Sorry to hear this. My prayers to his family.....
Posted By: tydolglobe Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 02:37 PM
Sorry to hear we lost Bradley. He was one of the nicest people. Always made you smile. Another friend to be missed at the shows.

Larry Karlson
Posted By: redindianguy Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 04:07 PM
my sympathy
Posted By: theChandlers Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 04:38 PM
So sorry to hear this. He fought hard. We were really hoping he could win. He will be missed. Prayers for his family.

Lenny & Phyllis
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 08:17 PM
Heartfelt sympathies for the loss being experienced by family and friends... my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
Posted By: PETRO NUT Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 08:23 PM
Brad, I thank you and John and Dave thank you for introducing me to him. R.i.P.
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 08:32 PM
Prayers for the Family and friends!!!
Brad was a great guy and quick witted! Fun to be around!
Rocco and John, etc you are True friends and He knew it!!!!
RIP Brad!!!!
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 08:34 PM
Never met him,but my sincere condolences to all his family & friends here.
Posted By: Fueluser Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 11:36 PM
I am so saddened by this news. Just saw him at Carlisle. My condolences to his family.
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Re: We loose a great man - Tue Jun 03 2014 11:53 PM
Just found out calling hours are 3-7 Friday. We will be taking a break from set up during those hours,anyone who is here is welcome to come pay their respects.
Posted By: LOU-57 Re: We loose a great man - Wed Jun 04 2014 12:50 AM
Great man. Brad will be missed.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: We loose a great man - Wed Jun 04 2014 09:18 AM
R.I.P. Bradley, you were by far my best customer for pump parts, always buying the best and then at the end of the shows coming back to buy what I had left. You certainly were fun to be around. I'll miss you too.
Posted By: the pump shop Re: We loose a great man - Thu Jun 05 2014 10:55 AM
R.I.P. Bradley, You will be missed. Spent a lot of time traveling
with Bradley to and from shows. Best times ever. Just won't be the same anymore.
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: We loose a great man - Thu Jun 05 2014 08:07 PM
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/oneidadispatch/obituary.aspx?pid=171231041
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk