Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: s932 You just never know where Petro stuff will turn up - Sun Sep 07 2014 07:07 PM
I was at our local fair last night and just looking at tractors and such when I saw this sign. I'm sure the guy who did this needed it at the time and the sign fit the bill. Lol
Posted By: s932 Re: You just never know where Petro stuff will turn up - Sun Sep 07 2014 07:08 PM
Shawn that is neat . That makes my stomach get a knot to see that ! I will be at the semo fair Monday for the demo derby , maybe I will look for the sinclair grinder ! Thanks for posting !
Posted By: s932 Re: You just never know where Petro stuff will turn up - Sun Sep 07 2014 07:36 PM
You going to be in the derby?
Posted By: F40LM Re: You just never know where Petro stuff will turn up - Sun Sep 07 2014 09:42 PM
Ok, stupid question time. How much would that sign be worth now? If it were not being used as a hopper of course.

Can only assume it seemed like a god idea at the time.

michael
Posted By: nam5072 Re: You just never know where Petro stuff will turn up - Sun Sep 07 2014 10:10 PM
Took a sign that could potentially have been worth 500 plus dollars and destroyed it. Happens a lot.
Signs like this were scrap metal to people back then! I think it's pretty neat, it tells a story. Look at that piece of machinery it's attached to, it's probably over 80 years old. This makes sense somebody made this instead of buying the original attachment. --Thanks for sharing!
-Anthony
And who ever made it did a great job. Yankee ingenuity at its best! I actually have four or five things people have made out of signs. They do tell a story and anytime I find one I grab it
Cool find! They used what they had at the moment and the sign worked perfectly!
Originally Posted By: s932
You going to be in the derby?
. Nope just watching , on vacation this week .
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk