Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: TeeTee Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 12:21 AM
It's been a while since I shared my can rolling post with the members here on oldgas, so I think it is time to share some before and after pics of a can I just finished repairing. I bought this off of ebay just to see if it could be fixed. These two pics show the front and back of the can. It is a soldered seam can that was split and apparently nailed to a wall or roof...probably as some sort of a patch. It also appears that when it was nailed down and then later removed it was not done carefully or with any intent of it ever being saved in the future as it was quite bent up.

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: TeeTee Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 12:25 AM
Here is the repaired can. Turned out much better than I had expected and displays pretty good.

Posted By: BigSky Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 12:28 AM
WOW!! Great work!! If you didn't have before and after pics I would have never believed it was that rough.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 12:39 AM
That is insane!!!
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 12:40 AM
Unbelievable job! Can we see photos of the other sides, particularly the seem?
Posted By: TJammer Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 01:07 AM
Fantastic work Kevin!
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 01:13 AM
The can looks great, Kevin! From what I see in the images, you do excellent work!
Posted By: LOWright Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 01:18 AM
Very Nice! That took some work!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 02:24 AM
Looks great!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 02:48 AM
Dang!!! That looks amazing compare to what you started with!
Posted By: tarheel Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 11:10 AM
You did an absolutely marvelous job. I had no idea a can that bad off could be salvaged. Really amazing. How could I send you a can to get fixed??? I have a couple of still in tact cans that are nowhere near the horrible condition of the can in your pics, so I figure you make my cans look like new old stock!!!
Posted By: advertologist Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 12:12 PM
that is amazing- I'm sold, where do we send our cans?.. cool
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 12:49 PM
Can looks great! He does great work at a reasonable price. I sent him 10 flats and can't wait to get them back!
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 02:04 PM
...VERY nice...I, too, would like to see pics of the other 'sides'...
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 02:06 PM
very impressive !!!!!
Alan
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 02:38 PM
Great job Kevin!
Can he did for me. Kevin is the man!
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 02:48 PM
Wow... I know who to send cans to...
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Tue Nov 04 2014 10:59 PM
Show me the backside, so I can see the holes, and the seam please...
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Quart can before and after extensive repair - Wed Nov 05 2014 01:48 AM
Here is some more of his work...

Attached picture phptTAiS4PM.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk