Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Dave's Garage A big thanks to Kim PYETT. - Sun Nov 09 2014 06:33 PM
Back in August, I had contacted Kim about a cast globe holder he had for a Bowser 102 Chief Sentry gas pump.

On Monday, I left home early in the morning and was out all day. I received a call from Greyhound Bus stating that I had a package there for pick up. I spent most the day racking my mind trying to figure out what package had arrived for me.

Had to wait till the evening and picked it up on my way back home. After having to wait all day, the excitement and suspense was almost getting to be too much to bear. Still couldn't figure out what it was.

It was a very pleasant surprise when I opened the package. I had totally forgotten about my PM's with Kim.

Kim sent the top to me free of charge and refused any payment.

Five days later I am still at a loss for words (which doesn't happen too often)...very kind gesture.

By no stretch of the imagination would this be an easy piece to find. To top it off, I have never met Kim or had any dealings with him in the past.

I would like to publicly thank Kim, for his extreme act of kindness and friendship.

Attached picture rsz_1bow102_chief_sentry_pump_top-1.jpg
Posted By: TBONE1964 Re: A big thanks to Kim PYETT. - Sun Nov 09 2014 06:49 PM
That is a very generous person and it is good to know there are people that love there hobby and help others with these random acts of kindness.

I am fairly new to this hobby and can already tell there are good people here.

Thanks for posting this and sharing your story.

Take care,
Tom
Posted By: redindianguy Re: A big thanks to Kim PYETT. - Sun Nov 09 2014 07:15 PM
Hey I like battery cable signs Kim smile
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: A big thanks to Kim PYETT. - Sun Nov 09 2014 07:55 PM
Great story Dave. Kim is a great person to deal with.
Posted By: DCpate Re: A big thanks to Kim PYETT. - Sun Nov 09 2014 09:45 PM
Kim sent me some clamps for a Shell curb sign free of charge and refused payment... All b/c of a post on oldgas and some discussion we had.

And, like the original poster, I don't believe we'd ever had any sort of dealings before.

WHAT A DUDE.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: A big thanks to Kim PYETT. - Mon Nov 10 2014 03:56 AM
What a dude is right! I love to hear stories like this, OldGas is supposed to be about helping and sharing information between others!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: A big thanks to Kim PYETT. - Mon Nov 10 2014 01:00 PM
Great to hear stories like this!
Kim is a great guy and little things like this show us all what its really all about!
Paying it forward!
Way to go Kim!
Posted By: BlkAngus Re: A big thanks to Kim PYETT. - Mon Nov 10 2014 01:07 PM
Yep great guy!!!!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk