Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: BrianH Wanted: Light switch for Wayne 60 pump - Mon Jan 02 2017 04:09 PM
Hi,
There is a stem-type light switch in the conduit on my Wayne 60 pump (just inside the inspection door area) that controls the light to the sight glass and globe. My switch assembly was pretty roached and I'd like to get a replacement. Anyone have one or know where I can find one? I know I could wire in something but I prefer to stick with something original if I can find it.

Thanks,
Brian H
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Wanted: Light switch for Wayne 60 pump - Mon Jan 02 2017 07:54 PM
Brian--Very tough to find! I have taken a few apart and made a workable one out of assorted parts, but to find a workable unit that missed the corrosion, is a rare feat. Send a picture of what you have to my email address, and I will see if I can help you in any way. There were a couple of different ones?
Posted By: BrianH Re: Wanted: Light switch for Wayne 60 pump - Tue Jan 03 2017 01:49 PM
Kevin,
Sent you an email last night with pics of my light switch.

Thanks,
Brian H
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Wanted: Light switch for Wayne 60 pump - Wed Jan 04 2017 01:28 PM
Sorry about my slow response but we had a big snowstorm on Monday and I spent all of Tuesday moving the stuff around! LOL
The switch you have is a rotary model and wasn't used as much as the push switches that Wayne had. I have only found them in the earlier pumps, and not very many of them? Its only speculation, but I tend to think that they were fairly unreliable and were discontinued early on? I'm sure there is a good one out there somewhere, but I doubt that many survived? I have found a couple and they were in the same kind of condition as yours.
You should post a picture of that switch and maybe you will get lucky and one of the members will have one tucked away? Its a slim chance, so good luck on your hunt!
Posted By: Rsljr1 Re: Wanted: Light switch for Wayne 60 pump - Wed Jan 04 2017 06:38 PM
can you post a photo, you never know
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Wanted: Light switch for Wayne 60 pump - Wed Jan 04 2017 06:46 PM
Here are the pictures that Brian sent to me.

Attached picture sixty switch.JPG
Attached picture sixty switch 2.JPG
Posted By: BrianH Re: Wanted: Light switch for Wayne 60 pump - Thu Jan 05 2017 01:16 PM
Sorry, just saw the updates to this post. Thanks Kevin for posting the pics for me.

Brian H
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk