Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Rabbitman Wolf’s Head curb sign frame and stand - Sun Feb 21 2021 04:28 AM
I’ve had this sign for a long time just hanging on the wall viewing one side. I’d like to find a stand for it like the one pictured here (not mine, just an internet pic for reference). I’ve been keeping an eye out for years but I’m sure I’ve missed some. If anyone has one for sale or knows the whereabouts of one please let me know. If I just had the ring I’d imagine the base is pretty generic and easier to find. I’ve not seen any with Wolf’s Head on the base but if there is one that would be a plus! Thanks for looking.... GB

Attached picture 8D745D26-701B-4938-96EE-AE45BAE107A4.jpeg
Posted By: SWABBY Re: Wolf’s Head curb sign frame and stand - Sun Feb 21 2021 02:21 PM
Gary...If you cannot locate one....make your own....looks like the base is a plowing disc..and the shaft looks like a 3/4" pipe. A good welder could weld the two without any problem...
The frame looks like a 3/4" or 1" by 1/4" thick flat stock iron. Any good machine shop has this and they can also bend it in a circle...Have it sandblasted, powder-coated, and
there ya go...Just a thought....Warren
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Wolf’s Head curb sign frame and stand - Sun Feb 21 2021 02:32 PM
Warren, I had thought of just making one myself too. The base and the pipe are easy I am just not sure about what the frame is. At first I figured it was similar to the formed piece that is used on the round sign hangers and I can’t do that but it may in fact be just flat stock. You could also make the ring out of small diameter tubing and I have a tubing bender to do that. Like a lot of these things we restore I may just end up building something but I’m getting lazy in my old age and finding one to just hang the sign in would be a lot easier. Also may ask Lowright if he’s ever made the rings. Thanks for the input....GB
Posted By: takitez Re: Wolf’s Head curb sign frame and stand - Sun Feb 21 2021 04:44 PM
I think I have the ring. I took my sign out of the ring and hung it. I will check when I get home this afternoon.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Wolf’s Head curb sign frame and stand - Sun Feb 21 2021 08:24 PM
That would be great. If I had the ring I can make the rest. Thanks.
Posted By: takitez Re: Wolf’s Head curb sign frame and stand - Sun Feb 21 2021 11:28 PM
This is what I have.

Attached picture 20210221_182814.jpg
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Wolf’s Head curb sign frame and stand - Mon Feb 22 2021 02:31 AM
Sent you a pm.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk