Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: butcher Original gas globes - Thu Apr 24 2008 02:07 AM
New to this site and new to restoring old gas pumps. Anyway I got started in this because my father-in-law past down an old Tokheim 39 from his dad to my son, so I am restoring it for him for his room. I also picked up by sheer luck a WAYNE 70 so I figured why not do both. I would like to find original globes for both. One is a Skelly & the other is Phillips 66. Anyone willing to part with these globes, please email me your price and pics if possible. Thanks, and a great site!
joelkilichowski@yahoo.com
Posted By: rvanpelt Re: Original gas globes - Thu Apr 24 2008 11:18 AM
Welcome to the site, butcher. I'm sure someone will come on here and help you out with globes.
My wife and I lived in Cloquet from '70-72 just down the road from you.
Be prepared to buy a few more pumps. Sounds like you're getting the bug like many of us on here have.
Good Luck!
Rod

------------------
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Original gas globes - Thu Apr 24 2008 11:49 AM
Butcher, Welcome to the best website on the net! To help you figure out which Skelly and which Phillips you want i will post a link to the globe album here on oldgas so you can get an idea of which one. Click here for globe album
Posted By: BLange Re: Original gas globes - Thu Apr 24 2008 01:16 PM
None are for sale, but here are some of my Skelly's, give you an idea of what ones you like.
http://www.cheesepitstop.com/viewtopic.php?t=1837

Brian
Posted By: butcher Re: Original gas globes - Fri Apr 25 2008 12:46 PM
Thanks for the links guys, good stuff for sure. I hope I don't get the bug because my wallet is already telling me I cant afford it as well as the spouse! I've restored old JD tractors and I think that was cheaper. Anyway, I am sure after talking with Ryan U. last night I'll be searching out a few more things so I can pay for what I already need.
Now if I could just get these old pumps to pump the gas into my truck for what it says on the computers, then maybe I could do a little more! Thanks again, Joel
Posted By: butcher Re: Original gas globes - Fri Apr 25 2008 06:26 PM
Found both globes today, one from a user on this site. Again, thanks for all the help.
Posted By: huskybob Re: Original gas globes - Fri Apr 25 2008 06:38 PM
Welcome the the site butcher.
BLange....... nice collection of globes.
I'm wondering where all the Skelly stations were located. Were there any in the PNW?
Thanks,
bob
Posted By: BLange Re: Original gas globes - Fri Apr 25 2008 06:44 PM
Thanks Bob, not sure where all the Skelly's where, but there were a ton of them around here in Iowa.

Butcher, which globe did you get for the Skelly pump? Capco or Glass????

The Skelly ad glass comes up on Ebay from time to time or Gas Pump Heaven has them in a reproduction.

Good luck on the pump, looks like you have a good start on it.

Brian
Posted By: butcher Re: Original gas globes - Fri Apr 25 2008 07:36 PM
I got a wide body glass "Skelly Regular" like the bottom left in your collection from Scott at Oil Company Collectibles. Thanks to alot of good people I've already met on/off this site its off to a decent start. Thanks for the tip on the ad glass too.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk