Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: tooter 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Fri Mar 18 2011 01:54 AM
bought a double lubester but it has plain lids on it....would like texaco cast iron lids.
Posted By: T-way Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Fri Mar 18 2011 12:40 PM
Once they're painted, no one will ever know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEXACO-MOTOR-OIL-LUB...=item230ef2a8d5

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: huskybob Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Fri Mar 18 2011 06:17 PM
Originally Posted By: T-way

Later . . .

Jim

That doesn't exactly sound like a good thing.
Posted By: tooter Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Fri Mar 18 2011 09:10 PM
not the way i fly! i would always know! and i'm not looking to restore it...just want it original.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Fri Mar 18 2011 10:05 PM
Original W/ Modifications! laugh
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Sat Mar 19 2011 12:48 AM
Originally Posted By: T-way

Later . . .

Jim

Those are not even close to the originals, so everyone should know that they are repros, if they do their homework. Or, at least they are not like the ones on my cart...
Posted By: T-way Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Sat Mar 19 2011 12:55 PM
I'm sorry - I didn't mean that you could deceive a potential buyer on down the line. I just meant that once these are painted, they look pretty good on a plane-old none-branded lubester.

As mentioned above, they are not perfect reproductions of an original lid. And they are aluminum, so all anybody needs to do to check them is lift one up. It will be obvious that they aren't cast iron.

Later . . .

Jim

BTW - these turn up individually on e-Bay quite frequently. Just look everyday and be ready to pay a good price for one.
Posted By: tooter Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Sun Mar 20 2011 01:06 AM
ok i'm new to oldgas....but i don't understand why when i post looking for 'cast iron lubester lids' i get all the chit chat about non-related....

if u have what i'm looking for please let me know...

if u want to chat it up....plz don't waste my time...SORRY...but there is a forum for that .....sorry not trying to be rude...but...
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Sun Mar 20 2011 01:34 AM
Originally Posted By: tooter
sorry not trying to be rude...but...

Well you are. You asked for lids..... didnt say if you wanted originals or repo's. Somebody offered help, then others offered advice, some made comments about the repops, now your mad?

I just dont get it.
Posted By: Koolmotor Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Sun Mar 20 2011 11:39 AM
It's best said by a Moderator.
Posted By: tooter Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Sun Mar 20 2011 12:51 PM
still waiting for someone that has:
"2 TEXACO CAST IRON LUBESTER LIDS".
sorry...they need 2 b originals...'cast iron'

NOT ALUMINUM couldn't be more specific

thank you
Posted By: T-way Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Sun Mar 20 2011 01:33 PM
You can sure bet I'll jump right in next time to offer you an alternative fix for your problem.

7 posts and he's already on my Ignore List.

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: coopwyo Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Sun Mar 20 2011 08:55 PM
Even if I had whatever it is you're looking for, I wouldn't sell it to you! The guys on this website have been amazingly generous with both parts and advise to an amateur like me -- I can't believe that for a new guy you would smart off like that. Ever hear of the saying "you get more flys with honey than vinegar"?
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Sun Mar 20 2011 08:57 PM
Ok guys, the point has been made. Lets lay off a little bit.
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Sun Mar 20 2011 09:10 PM
I'm not sure why there seems to be a growing trend to publicly acknowledge who is on your ignore list. I have seen this a few times in the last month, and don't see anything positive coming of it.
Posted By: Fueluser Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Sun Mar 20 2011 11:48 PM
I sent you a PM. John
Posted By: tooter Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Tue Mar 29 2011 01:09 AM
have gotten SEVERAL pms from people that are appalled at how i'm being treated for asking for 'cast iron lids' !!!! thx to all who understand what i was looking for and not looking for....was ready to never log onto this site but have found there are alot of good old gas guys out there!!!! thx again...and thx to the gentlemen that is selling me his CAST IRON LIDS.....
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Tue Mar 29 2011 02:32 PM
The ignore feature is a wonderful thing!
Posted By: huskybob Re: 2 texaco cast iron lubester lids - Tue Mar 29 2011 02:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Lastgas15
The ignore feature is a wonderful thing!

Apparently you're not using it. grin
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk