Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Miken Gas station/barn light - Wed Sep 07 2011 02:28 AM
Looking for a gooseneck light that would have hung off the side of a gas station or barn. Something along the lines of a 16"-20" shade and stuck out from the wall 24"-35"
Posted By: sellersrodshop Re: Gas station/barn light - Wed Sep 07 2011 04:38 AM
i've got a bunch of these like were hanging on the old shop. the hangers are simply bent out of 1/2" galvanized conduit & connect to the lamp socket. i can get some pics tomorrow if these are like what you want.

Posted By: Miken Re: Gas station/barn light - Wed Sep 07 2011 05:13 AM
That looks like what I want. Pics would be great.
Posted By: baugie Re: Gas station/barn light - Wed Sep 07 2011 12:18 PM
look here......
http://www.alightingstore.com/index.php/barn-lights-rlm.html
Posted By: Miken Re: Gas station/barn light - Wed Sep 07 2011 03:39 PM
Some neat stuff. Thanks
Posted By: sellersrodshop Re: Gas station/barn light - Thu Sep 08 2011 01:20 AM
had just a small amount of time today to clean one up & get some pics. these should all clean up really nice, just have soot from the fire last nov & have been outside since. the one cleaned up is 18" diameter (have 6) & i also have some that are 16", but only have the ceiling mounts for those.

18" on left, 16" w/ ceiling mount on right.

the ones with a threaded hole can be hung by adding a conduit adapter & bending 1/2" conduit to suit.here is the adapter available at any hardware store

i should have more time tomorrow so will clean up more of them...
Posted By: Miken Re: Gas station/barn light - Thu Sep 08 2011 02:25 AM
How much are you asking for the 18"? Going to need one that mounts to the wall.
Posted By: sellersrodshop Re: Gas station/barn light - Thu Sep 08 2011 03:01 AM
like to get $30 plus shipping for the light. did you want me to bend up the conduit also? won't be a problem as i'm fixing to bend some up for the new shop. gonna hang the green lights outside this time to match my sinclair sign...

also meant to add that these lights have the sockets for the bigger bulb. i'll check them all tomorrow & see if they are the same or if some have the smaller socket if that matters to you.

thanks!
Posted By: Miken Re: Gas station/barn light - Thu Sep 08 2011 03:17 AM
I have a mogul to medium base reducer. Do you have other colors. I'll have to get an exact measurement for you.
Posted By: sellersrodshop Re: Gas station/barn light - Thu Sep 08 2011 03:38 AM
all i have complete are white, i have a couple extra 16" green shades, but no sockets for those.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk