Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: K W FRITH Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 01:24 PM
I'm in need of a repop Harley Davidson Oils globe for a customer of mine. Anyone have anything for sale? He wants the "oils" version.
Posted By: T-way Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 01:34 PM
Kevin:

No such thing.

Only the two versions of 13.5" H-D Motor Cycle lenses that show up on e-bay all the time.

Jim
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 01:46 PM
HHhhmmm? Ok thanks Jim. I'll have to look that up and let him know.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 02:06 PM
I agree with Jim,and who should know better. The repo bar and sheild globes look like the orange oil cans if my memory is working correct. Maybe what he is refering to.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 02:09 PM
Could be, as I'm not familiar with them. I guess I need a couple pictures of the 2 different types for him and there aren't any on ebay right now. Anyone have a couple pics they could email to me?
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 02:59 PM
Got the picture of this one from an Old Gas member. If theres just 2 designs, I need a picture of the other one.

Attached picture Harley Globe.jpg
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 03:37 PM
I have one colors are flipped -white lens black bar & sheild lined in orange and black border motorcycle orange,harley davidson white. no outer border on lens. Story is guy made 50 sets before harley shut him down because he included the trademark. True or not,who knows.
Sorry son has my camera.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 04:17 PM
Here's the other version.

Attached picture Tok 39 Harley-A3.jpg
Posted By: DasFast1 Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 04:22 PM
Here's a different version I came across. And for some reason I recall seeing others with more writing. Kevin do you have an example of what you are trying to accomplish? Or is he hoping for something like the sign I've attached.

Attached picture HD Globe.jpg
Attached picture HD oil.jpg
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 04:59 PM
I'm just not sure as I'm totally unfamiliar with these globes. From the pictures sent, it seems like I've seen another version? Maybe just a shield on it?? I don't know, but if these are the only 2 versions ever made, I'm going to relay the info to him.
He did say Harley Davidson Motor Oils, so I'm assuming that he was looking for something like the posted sign??
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 05:10 PM
Flip the colors on the sheild of the one Dave posted and you have the one I have. bar is the same.
Posted By: DasFast1 Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 05:16 PM
Kevin do you have any vynal sign guys/gals in area? If you find a design you like you could have them make a mask for you and then paint it on a with an airbrush.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 06:45 PM
Looking on the 'net, I found these different versions:

Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Fri Oct 12 2012 09:07 PM
Bobs third pic is like mine. The last pic Bob posted is very much like the oil can logo. Don't know that I ever seen that one.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Sat Oct 13 2012 01:35 AM
I can see that the last one is a decal on a bare globe body.
Posted By: T-way Re: Harley Davidson Globe - Sat Oct 13 2012 06:18 PM
The 'Eagle' one was a Limited Edition globe done with a ceramic decal fired onto a milkglass body. As far as I know they are not still available for sale - only as resale items from somebodies collection. Petroleum Artifacts did them if I am not mistaken.

The two 'Bar and Shield' globes are almost always on e-Bay somewhere. They were never authorized by HD - but that didn't stop someone from making them.

The 'flame' version and the other nice looking one are/were/ only available through an authorized HD outlet selling HD 'collectables' and came on the 'plastic/fiberglass' tall Tok 39 display cabinet 'pumps'. You COULD NOT buy them outright - only with the entire fake pump.

The last version is a decal on a new milkglass body.

Later . . .

Jim

BTW - the 'White' version actually states at the bottom that the art was taken off of a plastic shopping bag from a dealership!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk